Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

obdeleven

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
There are so many threads already discussing this, go to the A4 B9 forum - it has a lengthy thread on all the changes available.
118 pages
and that is the 2017 A4/s4 model, I assume the 2018 s5 models have more features.
I'm going to go through that thread for sure, thanks.

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
Definitely check out the other threads, but these are my adjustments, and likely the most popular ones overall:

--------------------------------------
>>To mute the Soundaktuator
A9 Structure Borne Sound
Adaptation 10
At Channel drop down choose "Volume of structure borne noise actuator" (only choice)
Enter a value in the proper box (0% = mute )
>>show gear in D and S
02 - Transmission
Adaptation
“Single gear display”
Set new value to “D on/S on”
>>Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
“comfort_operation_range_limitation”
Change from “active” to “not active”
Press and hold green check mark to accept
>>Confort Blink Cycle
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Adaption
Turn signal control-freeway flashing: flashing cycles
Old value is 3 (for 3 blinks)
-----------------------------------------
Disable Seat Belt Chime
Go to module 17 “Dash Board”
Long Coding -> “Seat Belt Warning”
Default is “Version 2”. Version 1” displays the logo without chime. “Off” turns off the logo and chime
Green check mark to accept.
Nice thanks!

googled the soundakuator thing u disabled...&... wtf... that noise isn't the exhaust?? ahah wow didn't realize it was a speaker, weird.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tb5
googled the soundakuator thing u disabled...&... wtf... that noise isn't the exhaust?? ahah wow didn't realize it was a speaker, weird.
I believe that the amount of noise that the engine makes is a combination of the Soundaktor module (speaker pointed at the firewall) and whether the exhaust flaps are open or closed. Muting Soundaktor gets rid of the fake noise, but you should still hear a difference in noise level due to the exhaust flaps when you switch between "comfort" and "dynamic".
Old 06-09-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm guessing the Soundaktor is only for the S models, not the A?
Old 06-09-2018, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

I believe its for both A and S models.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
I believe its for both A and S models.
Maybe. Found this https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...daktor.374365/ which is a more Euro-centric site. Also probably depends on the A5 trim level. I'll look at the drive mode --> individual options and see if I have an 'engine sound' selection.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So i tried out the obdeleven plugged it in ran the scan, it found 4 errors & the option to hold to reset the errors.

my maing gripe was unlock when i put the car into park, so i went into the app with my 12 credits and to change that it was 10 credits.
so i went into the setting and turned it off. the app took a while then it said 'success' and 12 credits became 2, so i guess it worked.

when i tested it out, ie. drove around while locked then parked, the doors all auto-unlocked still. so that didn't take, tired a couple time took off the care let it shut down then tried again still nothing.

weird part is, when locking the door i noticed the side mirrors didn't fold automatically, went into the centeral locking section and the option to fold mirrors is no longer there
:\ very weird, hope it's nothing to do with the obdeleven?

anyone with experience with obdeleven? or if you can point me to a better place to get some answers about these issues... would be great, thanks.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Disabling the auto unlock on Park via the OBD11 App will disable the mirror folding option (but strange that it didn't make the intended change i.e. disabling the auto unlock). I didn't use the App (did manual change of the setting in one of the modules) and it works as intended and my mirrors still fold as normal.
EDIT: Here is the coding. Undo the change via the App, your setting in MMI should return. Then change the value as below

Module 46 (Central Module Comfort System)
Long Coding
Set "automatic_unlock_nar" to "Not Active"

Last edited by MRA5SB; 06-24-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I turned on ALA (Automatic Lane Assist) on both my S5 and Q5, its great, have it set to early and strong hold and the car drives itself on the highway - but I didn't pay a dime for it!

edit: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24868245

Last edited by ArvX147; 06-25-2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Just reading up about this, as I wait anxiously for my S5 to arrive. To activate lane assist, what standard features do you need in order for it to work?
Old 06-25-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NJSRT
Just reading up about this, as I wait anxiously for my S5 to arrive. To activate lane assist, what standard features do you need in order for it to work?
Audi Pre-sense (every car in the US if I remember correctly) - definitely every S5, and any car with the trim premium plus or higher.

Quick Reply: obdeleven