Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

OK...so I have a production week.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Yes, I believe this is a outlier, they told me during our very first conversation they had allocation to fill my order but looking back, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I basically sat on my hands for 2.5 months waiting for information which was not forthcoming...which is the frustrating part. I want to trust they they're doing right by me but now, I'll have to second guess everything I hear.

Are you signed up for the "owner in waiting" program...?
That should supply you with all the info you need to track your car going forward.
Maybe I am wrong, but the production ETA date should have been made available in the print out they gave you. It also shows the "frozen to changes" date. When I get home I'll upload a copy of mine just so you see what information it should provide you with... maybe it means that the order is still on its initial stage of allocation...

Alternatively check with the Audi Customer support on that other forum and ask for the frozen to change date and production date ETAs.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:31 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I know you have to be happy to finally get some forward progress, you've had quite a wait so far!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Maybe I am wrong, but the production ETA date should have been made available in the print out they gave you. It also shows the "frozen to changes" date. When I get home I'll upload a copy of mine just so you see what information it should provide you with... maybe it means that the order is still on its initial stage of allocation...

Alternatively check with the Audi Customer support on that other forum and ask for the frozen to change date and production date ETAs...
They're telling me the car should be received at the dealer during that current ETA timeframe.

I have been in conversation with Audi Customer Support and Vincenzo has been quite helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I believe this is a outlier, they told me during our very first conversation they had allocation to fill my order but looking back, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I basically sat on my hands for 2.5 months waiting for information which was not forthcoming...which is the frustrating part. I want to trust they they're doing right by me but now, I'll have to second guess everything I hear.

Are you signed up for the "owner in waiting" program...?
That should supply you with all the info you need to track your car going forward.
I sent my sales rep an email last week regarding Audi in Waiting and his response was

"That system does not work. "

hmmmm
Old 09-14-2017, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zoepup
I sent my sales rep an email last week regarding Audi in Waiting and his response was

"That system does not work. "

hmmmm
Since you just ordered last week it might be too soon to track via the AIW program...maybe that's what your salesman means...either that or he's clueless.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with Fdvigna. Your order sheet should have the ETA to dealer in print, not handwritten. It should also have the MSRP. My order sheet had a MSRP = $0 when it it was nothing more than a dealer allocation. As soon as it was configured to my specs it showed the MSRP.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Audi Stevens Creek in San Jose has examples of all of the colors in stock (prob closer to you than Audi SF dealer) -- I saw both the NB and DG there before going with Daytona.

I'll echo the sentiment that it's very dark outside of direct sunlight, and I felt, difficult to maintain.

Not sure what went on the last two months of waiting (well I have an idea )... but my salesman sent me a new screen yesterday and the current status is now Factory, production week is 4617 and the ETA is 12/7/17-1/4/18.

It now looks like I wasn't quite being told the truth when they said they had allocation to fill my order when we originally placed it on 7/2...but at this point that's water under the bridge and really not much I can do about that now...I'm just hoping I can trust them completely.

Quick question: Does the ETA mean when it should arrive at the dealership? I know I was originally hoping to take delivery sometime early in November but obviously that isn't happening.

Also...at the 11th hour I'm actually waffling now on whether to switch my exterior color from Navarra to Daytona while keeping my Magma Red interior...I know, weird,huh?

It's just that I have yet to see Navarra in person and I'm afraid it'll be too dark of a shade of blue.
I am headed up to SF for the weekend and I know Audi SF has Navarra in stock...I may pop my head in there and check it out in person before I make my final decision.

Does anyone know when the last date I'll have to make changes based on my production week and ETA?

Thanks guys...just torn at the moment and want to make certain I make the right decision...either of these colors will be fabulous I'm certain.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by scoopman
...and I felt, difficult to maintain.
And that is a concern of mine even though it'll be garaged and really more of a play toy then anything else.

We're headed to SF for the wknd and the dealer is less than a 2 mile walk from Union Square where we're staying so we'll visit there.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My previous Audi was Daytona Grey but I went with Navarra Blue this time, a much more interesting color and more suitable for the sporty character of the S5.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stankia
My previous Audi was Daytona Grey but I went with Navarra Blue this time, a much more interesting color and more suitable for the sporty character of the S5...
Hey thanks for that and good to hear...PM sent.

Quick Reply: OK...so I have a production week.