Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Ontario considers scrapping front license plates

Old 04-09-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Ontario considers scrapping front license plates

https://globalnews.ca/news/5146249/o...tes-decisions/

"TORONTO – Ontario is considering eliminating front licence plates on vehicles across the province.
Premier Doug Ford‘s office says the idea is under review but no decisions have been made."

All you Ontario people need to do this NOW. Write to your MPP and tell them how much you support this and you'll vote for them if they do it.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Even though I’m running without my front plate, I wish New Jersey would pull the front plates as well.

— John
Old 04-09-2019, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news, Ohio just got rid of the front plate and it will go in effect next summer. Bad news, they past an extra 10.5 cents gas tax that goes in effect this summer.

Ohio will save $1.4 million each year not creating front license plates.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The RandomOne
Good news, Ohio just got rid of the front plate and it will go in effect next summer. Bad news, they past an extra 10.5 cents gas tax that goes in effect this summer.

Ohio will save $1.4 million each year not creating front license plates.
Yes, we kind of won and lost on that one. I didn't put the front plate on mine
Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt

"TORONTO – Ontario is considering eliminating front licence plates on vehicles across the province.
Premier Doug Ford‘s office says the idea is under review but no decisions have been made."

All you Ontario people need to do this NOW. Write to your MPP and tell them how much you support this and you'll vote for them if they do it.
I hope this passes because it will make our fronts so much better
Just don't change our plates to say "Open for Business"....
Old 04-10-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Why? It makes automatic license plate readers less effective.

Originally Posted by SNGGA
And God knows Ontario drivers need all the RCMP attention they can get judging from the Ontario plates on drivers in the States, especially trucks in upper New York State....just kidding, eh?
Old 04-10-2019, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Naah...so many other wants to get a vote.

Promising to vote for a MPP based on his vote is kind of like a quid pro quo....you vote for an MPP based on your perception of his positions and intellect; the idea of a representative democracy (ok, it's a parliamentary system but still) is to make your views known but the MPP probably votes his party first, his conscience second, and constituents third.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Promising to vote for a MPP based on his vote is kind of like a quid pro quo....you vote for an MPP based on your perception of his positions and intellect; the idea of a representative democracy (ok, it's a parliamentary system but still) is to make your views known but the MPP probably votes his party first, his conscience second, and constituents third.
Just to be totally clear, I said "tell them how much you support this and you'll vote for them if they do it". Not "vote for them if they do it". The way I see it, they don't keep their promises, so you don't have to either.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SNGGA
I hear it's going to be "A place to grow". A place to grow... your weed? Makes sense when you remember our Dear Leader is a former low-level hash dealer.

It's a totally useless thing to do, but to be honest I always though "Yours to discover" sounds stupid. I agree "Open for Business" would be terrible, not just because it's stupid but also because it's blatantly partisan. What a joke. Did you hear they're legalizing tailgate parties too? Now that all beer costs $1, hah.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear it's going to be "A place to grow". A place to grow... your weed? Makes sense when you remember our Dear Leader is a former low-level hash dealer.

It's a totally useless thing to do, but to be honest I always though "Yours to discover" sounds stupid. I agree "Open for Business" would be terrible, not just because it's stupid but also because it's blatantly partisan. What a joke. Did you hear they're legalizing tailgate parties too? Now that all beer costs $1, hah.
Yup read that about the tailgate being legal lol a buck a beer....DF needs to focus on better things than this