Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Ordering Audi exclusive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ordering Audi exclusive?

Anyone ever order exclusive colors or leather? Curious what people have experienced with it. Would love a Brewster green with a saddle interior RS5 sportback. Anyways probably cost prohibitive but seems like a cool option if I keep the car for a long time.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dchang81
Anyone ever order exclusive colors or leather? Curious what people have experienced with it. Would love a Brewster green with a saddle interior RS5 sportback. Anyways probably cost prohibitive but seems like a cool option if I keep the car for a long time.
I ordered my RS5 Sportback with an exclusive color. They didn't have exclusive interior options available at the time I ordered but it looks like there are interior options now.

1: A exclusive color will add $3900 to your build.

If you order any of the below exclusive interior options you need to add a $1200 exclusive interior order fee to your build.

2a: Partial exclusive tailored upholstery (basically seats and center armrest) add another $3900

2b: Add another $1250 to also apply the exclusive leather touches to the door armrests and center console.

3a: Add another $1000 to to apply the exclusive leather touches to the control surfaces (steering wheel and gear shift ****).

3b: Add another $200 to add Alcantara to the control surfaces

There are a few other options when it comes to the floor mats that will add another $800 and/or $500 to the build too.

NOTE: You can't get 2b without getting 2a and you can't get 3b without getting 3a.

My exclusive order took almost 9 months from order to delivery BUT that was due to the exclusive paint shop getting renovated so that delayed things by about 4 months. So, in theory if you go with an exclusive color right now you should be looking at around 5 month while a standard build will take 3-4 month I think or you find one on the lot already in the color and spec you want. I'm not sure if the exclusive interior will add more time or if all of that work can be down inside that additional month also.

I personally went with an exclusive color because I didn't really like any of the standard colors and I plan on keeping my car for a long time. It also kind of neat to know it will be unique and possibly a 1 of 1 build color wise. The only downside to the whole experience for me was just the additional wait due to the paint shop renovations. Also, at least in the case of my dealer, they really didn't want to negotiate on the price. I did end up with a little bit of a discount but no where near what I hear people getting for standard builds that are sitting on the lot. I figure they know you're not going to walk away from the car if you went the exclusive route.

Last edited by heymoe; 05-30-2019 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:53 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

@heymoe — I cannot wait to see the pictures of your car when it’s done with all the ppl work. I salute you for your perseverance and patience in this who.e process.

— John
Old 05-30-2019, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
@heymoe — I cannot wait to see the pictures of your car when it’s done with all the ppl work. I salute you for your perseverance and patience in this who.e process.

— John
+1
Old 05-30-2019, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I ordered my RS5 Sportback with an exclusive color. They didn't have exclusive interior options available at the time I ordered but it looks like there are interior options now.

1: A exclusive color will add $3900 to your build.

If you order any of the below exclusive interior options you need to add a $1200 exclusive interior order fee to your build.

2a: Partial exclusive tailored upholstery (basically seats and center armrest) add another $3900

2b: Add another $1250 to also apply the exclusive leather touches to the door armrests and center console.

3a: Add another $1000 to to apply the exclusive leather touches to the control surfaces (steering wheel and gear shift ****).

3b: Add another $200 to add Alcantara to the control surfaces

There are a few other options when it comes to the floor mats that will add another $800 and/or $500 to the build too.

NOTE: You can't get 2b without getting 2a and you can't get 3b without getting 3a.

My exclusive order took almost 9 months from order to delivery BUT that was due to the exclusive paint shop getting renovated so that delayed things by about 4 months. So, in theory if you go with an exclusive color right now you should be looking at around 5 month while a standard build will take 3-4 month I think or you find one on the lot already in the color and spec you want. I'm not sure if the exclusive interior will add more time or if all of that work can be down inside that additional month also.

I personally went with an exclusive color because I didn't really like any of the standard colors and I plan on keeping my car for a long time. It also kind of neat to know it will be unique and possibly a 1 of 1 build color wise. The only downside to the whole experience for me was just the additional wait due to the paint shop renovations. Also, at least in the case of my dealer, they really didn't want to negotiate on the price. I did end up with a little bit of a discount but no where near what I hear people getting for standard builds that are sitting on the lot. I figure they know you're not going to walk away from the car if you went the exclusive route.
Holy fawk how much extra did you end up paying and for which options? You better pray no one ever bumps into your car.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Holy fawk how much extra did you end up paying and for which options? You better pray no one ever bumps into your car.
And that’s why:

(1) You have an insurance company that doesn’t require “3rd party replacement parts” on repairs;

(2) You provide exactly what your “build car” is equipped with — down to all the options on your car;

(3) Provide the true price paid for your car.

Yes — this may generate a higher premium but if you need that coverage somewhere down the road, you will have a leg to stand on.

Pay me now or pay me later — doesn’t matter as I’ll get paid either way.”

— John
Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt
I only did the exclusive paint color which added $3900 to my build.. The exclusive interior options were not available at the time I placed my order and even if they were I wouldn't have done it unless I won the lottery or something. I like the standard black leather with red stitching option so didn't need to go fancier.

As for the praying part. Yeah, I've had the car for about a week and it's been hiding in my garage for the most part until I get it fully PPF wrapped to try and protect it from the jerks of the world that make it so we can't have nice things.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
And that’s why:

(1) You have an insurance company that doesn’t require “3rd party replacement parts” on repairs;

(2) You provide exactly what your “build car” is equipped with — down to all the options on your car;

(3) Provide the true price paid for your car.

Yes — this may generate a higher premium but if you need that coverage somewhere down the road, you will have a leg to stand on.

Pay me now or pay me later — doesn’t matter as I’ll get paid either way.”

— John
Yeah, I need to re-evaluate my current insurance which is State Farm. They seem to be lacking in some features that I think would be nice to have on the new car. I will say that it was nice that the cost of my insurance only went up by $20 a month when I added the RS5 to my policy so that was nice. Lot of discounts for multiple vehicles and my home.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What color did you order? Yea makes it harder when there's decent discount on in stock models and they seem to be sitting on lots vs ordering one with a small discount. Would love a dark green with brown interior.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

You can always wrap it.

Quick Reply: Ordering Audi exclusive?