Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Phone Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone Mount?

Has anyone found a phone mount solution they're happy with? I thought I would be satisfied with just plugging in to car play and putting my phone under the armrest but there are still situations where I would like to have easy access to my full phone.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TangoSierra5
Has anyone found a phone mount solution they're happy with? I thought I would be satisfied with just plugging in to car play and putting my phone under the armrest but there are still situations where I would like to have easy access to my full phone.
I've been happy with ProClipUSA and their magnet mount for my past 2 cars...

For the SB I'm going to try to rely on carplay and just leave the phone plugged in in the center console and probably skip a mount this time...
Old 08-02-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one This one
has a lot of praise in the A4 Forum. They mount it to the metal strip along the right hand side of the centre console, just to the right of the touch pad.

Here's a photo from one of the reviews.
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by QballDS
This one has a lot of praise in the A4 Forum. They mount it to the metal strip along the right hand side of the centre console, just to the right of the touch pad.

After trying various vent mounts from Wizgear, I got this mount and put it up to the left of the climate controls on the dash. I didn't want it on the center console.

Works well and hasn't budged so far.

The vent mount solutions would work fine for a couple weeks before usually wearing out and falling off with increasing frequency. Usually during hard cornering.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RengieMendoza
I've been happy with ProClipUSA and their magnet mount for my past 2 cars...

For the SB I'm going to try to rely on carplay and just leave the phone plugged in in the center console and probably skip a mount this time...
Huge proclip fan too...I loved their implementation for my MK6 Golf. It looked very integrated and clean. The proclip mounts I've seen for the B9 are pretty clunky though
Old 08-02-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I have a ProClip mount that clips onto the the center console, in a similar location to the picture Qball posted. It's held in place by friction so it's easily removable. I prefer that location over the vent mounts that I had on my previous S4. It's in an easy to reach spot while being generally out of the way of anything I still need to operate, like the vents. It's also low enough to be out of my sight line while driving so I can avoid the temptation of checking the phone when I need to be paying attention to the road.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by QballDS
This one has a lot of praise in the A4 Forum. They mount it to the metal strip along the right hand side of the centre console, just to the right of the touch pad.

I had been lurking in the A4 forum, too, and saw this one. It seemed like the best solution of the ones offered, although I don't love the idea of sticking things on the dash
Old 08-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
I have a ProClip mount that clips onto the the center console, in a similar location to the picture Qball posted. It's held in place by friction so it's easily removable. I prefer that location over the vent mounts that I had on my previous S4. It's in an easy to reach spot while being generally out of the way of anything I still need to operate, like the vents. It's also low enough to be out of my sight line while driving so I can avoid the temptation of checking the phone when I need to be paying attention to the road.
Is this the one you're using?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/s...CzKuU&usqp=CAE
Old 08-02-2017, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Honestly one of my favorite things is with Android Auto I can leave phone connected to the USB under armrest and never need to touch it. Otherwise I would be interested in a mount too.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Honestly one of my favorite things is with Android Auto I can leave phone connected to the USB under armrest and never need to touch it. Otherwise I would be interested in a mount too.
You know, I felt the same way about car play, but there are a few things that are still tough because I mainly use Amazon music and the artist/song/album search isn't the greatest.

I am not sure if the inconvenience justifies the clunkiness of a mount, though, if there aren't any super smooth options

Quick Reply: Phone Mount?