Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Phone Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proclip

Appreciate seeing all the different options here. They all looked good, so I basically flipped a coin and tried the proclip out. It seems okay, I was worried about the adhesive being too sticky but it wasn't at all, and when I first put it in and I tried to adjust the phone the whole mounts popped out scratching the plastic piece that the clip goes under, but it turned out it was because I didn't put the adhesive part all the way in, I installed it better the second time and it's been fine. I like being able to have Waze on the phone, while having the iPhone (second phone) on car play for music.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamis
Here's a pic of my current one. Seems to be my best option yet.

I used to to be a fan of ProClip as well but didn't like the current offerings for this car.

I'm about to mount this same solution. They now have one with a little faux carbon fiber trim around it!
Old 06-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

This is is the base of the ProClip that I have used in my previous cars. They have matching cell phone holders that attach to this mount - and they stock most older & current cellphones. I will be ordering this base in the very near future - IIRC, it’s $29 dollars.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

This is is the base of the ProClip that I have used in my previous cars. They have matching cell phone holders that attach to this mount - and they stock most older & current cellphones. I will be ordering this base in the very near future - IIRC, it’s $29 dollars.
This is the one that I use. I'm very happy with it. It puts the phone in an ideal spot - withing sight, but not in your sightline so it doesn't become a distraction. It also doesn't interfere with any buttons or vents in this spot and doesn't get in the way of the passenger. It's also 100% removable if you don't use the double sided tape to hold it in place, although it does have a tendency to migrate toward the rear of the car without that adhesive. I used a piece of soft rubber underneath it to help it stay in place.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
This is the one that I use. I'm very happy with it. It puts the phone in an ideal spot - withing sight, but not in your sightline so it doesn't become a distraction. It also doesn't interfere with any buttons or vents in this spot and doesn't get in the way of the passenger. It's also 100% removable if you don't use the double sided tape to hold it in place, although it does have a tendency to migrate toward the rear of the car without that adhesive. I used a piece of soft rubber underneath it to help it stay in place.
I ordered this proclip earlier this week. I wasn't sure which position to get: vent or right of the shifter, but opted for the right of the shifter as pictured. Glad to hear others like this location as well.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I have this one and am very happy with it. I have it mounted on the wide vent. The clamp is rubber protected and it fits perfectly inside the slats without scratching any of the surrounding trim. It is a magnetic mount so it can interfere with wireless charging if you place the metal place at the wrong location. I have to use the circular metal pad and place it towards the bottom of my Galaxy S7. I find that location a perfect balance between allowing wireless charging and stability on the mount.
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-01-2018, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
I ordered this proclip earlier this week. I wasn't sure which position to get: vent or right of the shifter, but opted for the right of the shifter as pictured. Glad to hear others like this location as well.
One more point about this mounting position - when plugged into the USB cable for charging or Android Auto, it's very easy to tuck the cable between the console and the passenger seat to keep it out of sight.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

Went with proclip on the right of shifter. Love it.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Loving my Magic Mount - here's the finished product.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always used the iotti mount high like this. Can't really see it from the front and this way it's in line with my eyes (for Navi/Waze &#128526.

Quick Reply: Phone Mount?