Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by coupegt87
Thanks for the reply...... they actually emailed me a price of $440 ......Hmmmm
I did not know they would charge more on their website. Try contacting them via their shop on alibaba. That is what I did.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Just picked it up after two-step paint correction and coated with Cquartz Finest Reserve.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Old 01-12-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New User

Hi, new user here. Came over from the VW MK VII forums, where I was for several years with my '12 GTI and '16 Golf R. New S5 now, though the VWs were amazing cars. Sadly, it's like super cold here now (-11 F this morning) and I haven't even been able to do simple stuff like pair my phone and all yet, because, well, it's too darn cold!

I can say the car is great in snow. I had them put Hakkapalitas on it before I would even drive it off the lot .
Old 01-12-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWombat

Hi, new user here. Came over from the VW MK VII forums, where I was for several years with my '12 GTI and '16 Golf R. New S5 now, though the VWs were amazing cars. Sadly, it's like super cold here now (-11 F this morning) and I haven't even been able to do simple stuff like pair my phone and all yet, because, well, it's too darn cold!

I can say the car is great in snow. I had them put Hakkapalitas on it before I would even drive it off the lot .
Welcome. I'm glad I'm not wherever you are.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Welcome to AudiWorld! I’m guessing somewhere in the Mid-West or Central area?

Smart move on getting the Nokian Tyres prior to driving off. My S5 is still on the 19” Cavos with summer tires. I did just close a deal on a set of 18” Audi wheels and tires being sold by another member, but we’re we’re in line to see the snow event tonight — so my S5 will be garage bound while there is snow on the roads.

Congratulations on your new car.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm in northern Vermont, actually. New England winters, yay. Originally from Atlanta, more or less, but been up here 20 years.

I specifically looked for a Premium + without the Black Optic package, because while the look is nice, 19" wheels just don't work well here. The roads are cratered with potholes and frost heaves, and even 18" wheels push the envelope of comfort sometimes. On my Golf R I downsized to 17s for the winter, but I don't know if I'd do that for this car. I may buy another set of wheels though, either a winter set or a new summer set and use the stock wheels for winter.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

I'm in northern Vermont, actually. New England winters, yay. Originally from Atlanta, more or less, but been up here 20 years.

I specifically looked for a Premium + without the Black Optic package, because while the look is nice, 19" wheels just don't work well here. The roads are cratered with potholes and frost heaves, and even 18" wheels push the envelope of comfort sometimes. On my Golf R I downsized to 17s for the winter, but I don't know if I'd do that for this car. I may buy another set of wheels though, either a winter set or a new summer set and use the stock wheels for winter.
Nice S5. I used to live near Burlington and bought my B8 A4 to survive Vermont winters. The A4 performed admirably in the snow, but I left Vermont for warmer weather over five years ago.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice S5!!! My old stomping grounds! Lived there all my life prior to moving to SWFL a couple yrs ago! I recognize the background in your pic, I used to go to the office across the street there all the time Hakka's up there are perfect on an Audi! Had them on my A6, and like you said, with the roads up there, smaller wheels are better, more sidewall to flex is a good thing.

Last edited by Tundraman; 01-12-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Fresh Snow with my beautiful S5 in the morning Sun

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5