Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by skubeeraw
do you live in the DFW area? I have An RS5 black honeycomb grill that I ordered but have no use for. It is going to be for my S5 but of course since I just ordered an RS5, I have no use for it anymore so going to sell it locally for a good deal
Hey skubeeraw,
Unfortunately I'm just north of Los Angeles. Dang.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
Playing in the light snow up here in Chicago. Running Michelin Alphin PA4 winter tires with satin black (cheap) winter rims. Tint coming this spring. I love this RS5 Sportback. Highly recommend if you're on the fence!
Yep. Just ordered mine, same color also. I hate Texas because we have to put front tags which obscures the Quattro logo
Old 02-26-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Yep. Just ordered mine, same color also. I hate Texas because we have to put front tags which obscures the Quattro logo
You can run always plateless...there’s obviously a risk involved, but can be done. I did install a sto n show, for the few times I headed out of the metroplex and want to run the front plate and avoid state troopers.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

A sto-n-sho like @arrtewwx mentioned or a tow hook plate frame if you don't mind the offset look.

Or even for more temp solution, @Rob O utilizes some magnetic vent clips for your phone that slide on to the grille.

Temp Plate Solution

Old 02-26-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I live in Houston and have not ran a front plate for almost 5 years. Only got a warning from a state trooper once. I selected the front plate delete when ordering my RS 5 SB as certain vehicles look better without a front plate. I'll continue to not run a front plate until it becomes an issue.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some beading action from the rain. Ceramic coated with Modesta BC-04

Old 02-27-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
Or even for more temp solution, @Rob O utilizes some magnetic vent clips for your phone that slide on to the grille.
RS grille plate hack FTW! Been using it without issue since, and will use it on the RS once my plates arrive from DMV. No issues leaving it on either: freeway, pouring rain, cross winds, car wash, etc ... It stays in place. Only thing I have tested is snow, and snowy/icy/slushy build up. I'd probably remove it in those conditions. Otherwise, I can slap it on and leave it without worry ... Even though it's meant to be a quick ON/OFF as needed (i.e., parking downtown here).

Thanks for the tag Martin.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

You can run always plateless...there’s obviously a risk involved, but can be done. I did install a sto n show, for the few times I headed out of the metroplex and want to run the front plate and avoid state troopers.
Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
A sto-n-sho like @arrtewwx mentioned or a tow hook plate frame if you don't mind the offset look.

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I live in Houston and have not ran a front plate for almost 5 years. Only got a warning from a state trooper once. I selected the front plate delete when ordering my RS 5 SB as certain vehicles look better without a front plate. I'll continue to not run a front plate until it becomes an issue.
Originally Posted by Rob O
RS grille plate hack FTW! Been using it without issue since, and will use it on the RS once my plates arrive from DMV. No issues leaving it on either: freeway, pouring rain, cross winds, car wash, etc ... It stays in place. Only thing I have tested is snow, and snowy/icy/slushy build up. I'd probably remove it in those conditions. Otherwise, I can slap it on and leave it without worry ... Even though it's meant to be a quick ON/OFF as needed (i.e., parking downtown here).

Thanks for the tag Martin.
I've gotten a ticket when I had my RX-8, but I did notice it was on the freeway, pulled over by a state trooper both times. so is it the state troopers dickwads that have nothing else to do but pull over people without tags and does the city/county fuzz leave you alone? if so, I def would go with that quick mount/dismount option.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I do this as well in Missouri. 2.5 years now. Cop at a gas station was admiring the RS5, and I asked his opinion. He said keep the front plate under my seat. DO NOT EVER put on the dash over the instrument cluster. In a sharp braking instant, this can become a propelled blade.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by KCTiger83
I do this as well in Missouri. 2.5 years now. Cop at a gas station was admiring the RS5, and I asked his opinion. He said keep the front plate under my seat. DO NOT EVER put on the dash over the instrument cluster. In a sharp braking instant, this can become a propelled blade.
Nice guy... did he tell you how to get out of getting a ticket for it? Like, "I have the bracket on order".

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5