Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon63
"S" logos on my rear calipers as well as the USB port up front under the climate controls - S5 Sportback built in 09/17.
I believe if the car has the sport package (which includes the red painted calipers) then the rear brake calipers should have the cover with the S logo. There are several cars that were shipped without that cover, but it is not as easy as snapping on the missing cover since the caliper has to have the mounting base to accept the cover. The way to fix it is to replace both the caliper and the cover. As I understand it even today a S5 or S4 should have the cover IF the car has the red painted calipers (meaning the sport package ordered with the car). The Audi rep on the other board has been involved in several cases now so if you were running into any problems getting it resolved with your dealer, he should be able to help. However, I would think that your local dealer should be able to take care of it without getting Audi Corporate involved because all you would have to do is explain the situation and if they have other new S4's or S5's on their lot with the sport package you would be able to show that most if not all of the others have the cover on it.

Last edited by heisnuts; 01-31-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I believe if the car has the sport package (which includes the red painted calipers) then the rear brake calipers should have the cover with the S logo. There are several cars that were shipped without that cover, but it is not as easy as snapping on the missing cover since the caliper has to have the mounting base to accept the cover. The way to fix it is to replace both the caliper and the cover. As I understand it even today a S5 or S4 should have the cover IF the car has the red painted calipers (meaning the sport package ordered with the car). The Audi rep on the other board has been involved in several cases now so if you were running into any problems getting it resolved with your dealer, he should be able to help. However, I would think that your local dealer should be able to take care of it without getting Audi Corporate involved because all you would have to do is explain the situation and if they have other new S4's or S5's on their lot with the sport package you would be able to show that most if not all of the others have the cover on it.
I think that is incorrect information. As posted in the S4 forum, Audi made a running change a few months back which has new rear calipers on the rear brakes which do not include the S emblem.

Check out this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...ssing-2940951/
Old 02-01-2018, 12:19 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Left the FJ Cruiser at home and drove the A5 to the office.

Someone parked their A7 next to it.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts
Default A few pics from the last week

Old 02-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Verde Parallax 20 x 10
Old 02-02-2018, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
My S5 coupe with sport package has red calipers but no S badging on the rear. Car was delivered in late December from the factory.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

My Sportback was delivered in October and has the red S caliper covers in the rear.

-Eli
Old 02-03-2018, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My one month old S5 Daytona grey, here in Sunny California

Old 02-03-2018, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Threw the S5 badge on the honey comb grill. Stays on there nice and snug.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by freesole
Threw the S5 badge on the honey comb grill. Stays on there nice and snug.

Where did you get that from I want one on my honeycomb grille?

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5