Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pre-sense...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
I can't believe the number of false activation people are experiencing with Pre Sense. PS has literally saved me from nothing so far, and 100% annoyance. One of these days I'll disconnect the rear radar and front radar sensors just to get rid of it, even if it means I lose ACC and side assist.
0 saves and like 6-7 heart attacks for me and my passengers lol. Sometimes its straight up embarrassing.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reading through this thread and seeing all the information about presence alerts. I get the alert all the time but my car NEVER applies the brakes. I hear the chime and see the warning symbol, but get no reaction from the car otherwise.
FYI it's a 2018 S5 SB with DAP.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Impulse_215
I'm reading through this thread and seeing all the information about presence alerts. I get the alert all the time but my car NEVER applies the brakes. I hear the chime and see the warning symbol, but get no reaction from the car otherwise.
FYI it's a 2018 S5 SB with DAP.
What you are getting is a warning, I get a lot of those too, mostly false alarms. If you continue on that course, it will apply the brakes for you.

Like many innovative automations in our society, the system that supposedly replace or help human at first is not a 100%. The logic is that if it can save one accident, then that 100 false alarm is worth while.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Like many innovative automations in our society, the system that supposedly replace or help human at first is not a 100%. The logic is that if it can save one accident, then that 100 false alarm is worth while.
That is an interesting set of logic. In that case, we may as well limit maximum speed to 5 mph to prevent nearly all fatal accidents.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

What you are getting is a warning, I get a lot of those too, mostly false alarms. If you continue on that course, it will apply the brakes for you.

The system is not perfect however Audi should allow people to deactivate this feature if they see fit. It’s flawed and shouldn’t be forced onto us.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wondering if those 100 false alarms just might cause one (or more) accidents, rendering another Nanny Control useless.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Even after the self driving Tesla killed a woman, the regulators still have not given up on the self driving car concept. Its the sacrifice of the few for the greater good cause. As far as shutting off safety systems, forget about, Audi would be setting themself up for a lawsuit.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even after the self driving Tesla killed a woman, the regulators still have not given up on the self driving car concept. Its the sacrifice of the few for the greater good cause. As far as shutting off safety systems, forget about, Audi would be setting themself up for a lawsuit.
Lawsuit? BMW has a central button that deactivates every safety feature of the car. This so called security system just drives my anxiety up every time im backing or parallel parking.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Fortunately, pre sense was an option here in Canada. Even on the highest trim. If not, I would have reconsider trading my "old" SQ5.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
Fortunately, pre sense was an option here in Canada. Even on the highest trim. If not, I would have reconsider trading my "old" SQ5.
I’m from Canada and i didn’t order DAP but the car has pre sense. It will have the rear cross warning which will automatically brake hard for you and also as i experienced it will pull the seat belt hard (according to a poster above) when you are close to being rear ended. I have a technik so I’m not sure if its excluded in the progressive.

Quick Reply: Pre-sense...