Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pre-sense...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanLZ
I’m from Canada and i didn’t order DAP but the car has pre sense. It will have the rear cross warning which will automatically brake hard for you and also as i experienced it will pull the seat belt hard (according to a poster above) when you are close to being rear ended. I have a technik so I’m not sure if its excluded in the progressive.
Yes, the Driver Assistance Package (Side assist, top view camera, pre sense rear and rear cross traffic) is optional on the Progressiv and standard on the Technik. The more scary Advance Driver Assistance Package is optional on the Technik.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
Yes, the Driver Assistance Package (Side assist, top view camera, pre sense rear and rear cross traffic) is optional on the Progressiv and standard on the Technik. The more scary Advance Driver Assistance Package is optional on the Technik.
More of a reason that audi should have allowed its users to be able to deactivate it then. I couldn’t give up on technik because of the cockpit and bang and olufsen system.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

More of a reason that audi should have allowed its users to be able to deactivate it then. I couldn’t give up on technik because of the cockpit and bang and olufsen system.
There is an option in the MMI to deactivate pre sense. But I don't know what it desdactivate exactly.

For the 2019, the Visual Cockpit is available as an option on the Progressiv. But not the B&O :-(

Last edited by Yoshimura; 04-09-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just see this in the manual that the different pre sense system behave differently depending onAudi drive select the mode selected.

Basic : The trigger times are adjusted depending on the mode selected.
Front : The reversible belt tensioner, the closing of the windows and sunroof, and the inflating of the side bolsters on the seat backrest may not be active depending on the mode selected.
Rear : The function is not active depending on the mode selected.
City : The function is not active depending on the mode selected.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Lawsuit? BMW has a central button that deactivates every safety feature of the car. This so called security system just drives my anxiety up every time im backing or parallel parking.
I had no such button in my BMW 328i or 535i. Is it just in their M cars? The problem is people turn it off and forget to turn it back on, that's why Audi defaults on.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
self described aggressive driving style says it all. You ain’t right, pal.
What? Not sure what about my question on if our cars have a specific safety feature indicates in anyway something about me, other than wanting to know something about my car?
Old 04-11-2019, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by directorguy7
What? Not sure what about my question on if our cars have a specific safety feature indicates in anyway something about me, other than wanting to know something about my car?
I am not sure either, maybe it is that aggressive looking kitten you have on your avatar that gives out the image of a bad a$$ driver
Old 04-11-2019, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I had no such button in my BMW 328i or 535i. Is it just in their M cars? The problem is people turn it off and forget to turn it back on, that's why Audi defaults on.
I'm not sure why that's a problem. Honestly, if you don't how know your car works and cannot drive safely without a litany of nannies, you shouldn't be driving at all. A simple "pre-sense off" icon would suffice. Instead, starting up the car is almost as complex as preparing an airplane for takeoff if one wants to defeat all of the "enhancements" to the driving experience (***, pre-sense, etc.).
Old 04-11-2019, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
There is an option in the MMI to deactivate pre sense. But I don't know what it desdactivate exactly.

For the 2019, the Visual Cockpit is available as an option on the Progressiv. But not the B&O :-(
It will default back to on every time you turn off and start up the car. It still doesn’t stop the rear cross auto brake thing regardless if its on or not.

Originally Posted by The G Man
I wouldn’t want to turn it back on tbh lol.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JD15
I'm not sure why that's a problem. Honestly, if you don't how know your car works and cannot drive safely without a litany of nannies, you shouldn't be driving at all. A simple "pre-sense off" icon would suffice. Instead, starting up the car is almost as complex as preparing an airplane for takeoff if one wants to defeat all of the "enhancements" to the driving experience (***, pre-sense, etc.).
Audi has always try to place priority on safety. We buy these cars knowing that there are safety systems in place. On most of my other cars with pre-sense type system, the system cannot be turn off like we can with the S5. To drive aggressively in the S5, one needs to pull down on the shifter to place in sport mode, push the stability system off button and turn off pre-sense in the MMI, not too hard to do if you ask me. You will not find a car that will default to all the settings you like unless you custom program the control modules. Personally, I would not want these safety system to default to off or in last state.

Quick Reply: Pre-sense...