Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Prices Paid for A5 SportBack

 
Old 07-28-2018, 03:41 AM
  #161  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
Default

about to pull the trigger on an S5 for 12% off MSRP.. wanted to get some feedback from everyone/anyone..

1) Is it worth getting a 2018 now? And if I wait would I still find 12% off a 2019?

2) Seems like I pulled teeth to get to 12% but is it a great price? I've had many dealerships that bailed after 10% off so seems like it.
Dawarrior25 is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 07:15 AM
  #162  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,177
Default

Originally Posted by Dawarrior25 View Post
about to pull the trigger on an S5 for 12% off MSRP.. wanted to get some feedback from everyone/anyone..

1) Is it worth getting a 2018 now? And if I wait would I still find 12% off a 2019?

2) Seems like I pulled teeth to get to 12% but is it a great price? I've had many dealerships that bailed after 10% off so seems like it.
these things do not operate in a vacuum

you wont find 12% off a 2019...and you won't even find a 2019 on the shores to make an offer on for 5 months yet

great price? depends. How old is the car, how long has it sat for. Before I worked for the brand, I would have rather rec'd 7% on a car that is less than a month old than 12% off a car that has sat outside for 360 days, but that's just me. All depends on your preferences, needs and wants

Last edited by SCarGuy; 07-28-2018 at 07:17 AM.
SCarGuy is online now  
Old 07-28-2018, 09:09 AM
  #163  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
Default

I think they've had it for 2.5 months. I'm making the jump!
Dawarrior25 is offline  
Old 07-30-2018, 02:25 PM
  #164  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
SaiBorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13
Default

I got 2018 A5 sportback a month ago

- Premium Plus trim
- Glacier White Metallic
- 19inch design line wheel package
- B & O sound
- Gray oak inlays

Priced at $52,500
Got it for $46,650
SaiBorg is offline  
Old 07-30-2018, 02:28 PM
  #165  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
SaiBorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by SaiBorg View Post
I got 2018 A5 sportback a month ago

- Premium Plus trim
- Glacier White Metallic
- 19inch design line wheel package
- B & O sound
- Gray oak inlays

Priced at $52,500
Got it for $46,650

Oh. i got the Tech package as well
SaiBorg is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 01:16 PM
  #166  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 7
Default 2019 A5s

Reviving this thread to see what people have been paying for on the lot 2019 A5s. I reached out to a dealer via internet inquiry and received back an offer of 8% off of MSRP with no negotiation. Seemed like a good start and was hoping to get in the 12-15% off range. Anyone have any recent experience?
MarkAurelius is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 05:09 PM
  #167  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Long Beach, California
Posts: 45
Default

Since I just made a purchase on a 2019 A5 Sportback, I figured I'd share.

MSRP: $54450
Paid: $47522
abiley84 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 08:01 AM
  #168  
AudiWorld Member
 
dafantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SoFL
Posts: 115
Default

Originally Posted by abiley84 View Post
Since I just made a purchase on a 2019 A5 Sportback, I figured I'd share.

MSRP: $54450
Paid: $47522
Heck of a deal. What dealership?
dafantom is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 10:11 AM
  #169  
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Default

What are your thoughts on ordering a Special Paint color S5 in terms of a discount. Have people found that the same discount applies to Special Paint ordered cars?
cplavan is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:03 PM
  #170  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 474
Default

Originally Posted by cplavan View Post
What are your thoughts on ordering a Special Paint color S5 in terms of a discount. Have people found that the same discount applies to Special Paint ordered cars?
I'm not 100% sure what sort of discount you can get with a custom / exclusive color but assuming it's not some off the wall color, I'm sure you could still work out some level of discount if not the same.

On a side note, If you're not already aware. If you plan on ordering a custom / exclusive color, be prepared to wait longer then normal for it to get delivered. The exclusive paint shop has been shutdown for renovation since late last year and won't open until early April as of the last update I got. As such there is likely a large queue of cars waiting to get painted a custom color once the shop opens.
heymoe is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: