Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Prices Paid for A5 SportBack

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by saxplayer
I don't think your customer service experience is "Audi" related vs "other brand". My local dealership has been FAR more fantastic to deal with in terms of immediate responsiveness, communication, dealings etc than has my local Mercedes or BMW dealer. I actually left my Mercedes dealer after waiting 30 min to see someone and never went back.

I expect it is poor management of the local Audi dealer. Find another.
I agree... find another dealer. I also had a few bad experience with one of our local Mercedes dealer... others in the city were better, but too far and too inconvenient for me... All the Audi dealers where I live are excellent, great service... super knowledgeable sales people... I currently have 3 Audis in my garage :-) and zero mercedes and that's part because of the dealer.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prestige + ventilated seats + driver assistance + sport package + 19" wheel + gray wood + cold weather + destination = MSRP 57250
Got it on 4.5% off on MSRP + Audi Care for free.

This car needs to be ordered from manufactory, so I didn't expect the discount to be as high as in-stock.

So it's about 6% off for me cause' I would purchase AudiCare even it's not part of the negotiation.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

So, is 6% still the average discount on a A5 SB ?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by weber806
It seem that many folks on this forum negotiate to 6% off msrp, its a good deal but not great. Keep in mind there are more B9 models on the market now, then it was early in a year, thus it opens more options for negotiations.
Target 7+% off for A5 sportback.
Oh ok I will do that thanks.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Also makes a difference if you are selecting from their inventory or ordering from the factory. No real incentive for them to drop the pricing much if they're ordering a spec car from the factory for you, as opposed to selling their own inventory.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audi-one
Also makes a difference if you are selecting from their inventory or ordering from the factory. No real incentive for them to drop the pricing much if they're ordering a spec car from the factory for you, as opposed to selling their own inventory.
That is true. I will make to take that in account when I go to the dealership.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's been extremely difficult to find a warm weather package version of the A5 sportback in moonlight blue. Just went into a local dealership and got a quote for the following:

A5 Sportback Premium Plus
Moonlight Blue exterior / Black interior / Gray Wood Inlay
Bang olufsen / 19" s-line wheel + sport package / cold weather package / nav package / Audi cargo box
Market Value: 53675
Quoted: 49500 -- not incl tax, doc fees, "other fees" (I think these are DMV fees)

​​​​​​Is this a good quote? Minus the warm weather package and preference for 18 vs 19" wheels, this has basically everything I want. If the savings on this car is significant over what I would get with a custom order (I'm totally fine waiting 3mo) then I might lean with picking it up now.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

So one of my local Audi dealers is getting a A5 SB that has the exact options that I want minus color but I am ok with the color that they ordered it in. Here is a link to the car: New 2018 Audi A5 For Sale | Peoria AZ . In my area the Average price according to true car is between 53,700 - 53,777. I am planning on making a offer this car for around 52,000 - 53,000. Would you think its a fair starting offer for this particular car. The MSRP is 57,250 with destination.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just picked up our special order (exclusive color - Cassis) and they gave me a straight $5,000 off list price. I had 2 dealers offer me that. One actually offered to do even better when I told him I was buying from the local dealer, but I didn't want to get into that game and was very happy with the $5k, which worked out to be a little over 8%

tony c
Old 11-11-2017, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by acaciolo
I just picked up our special order (exclusive color - Cassis) and they gave me a straight $5,000 off list price. I had 2 dealers offer me that. One actually offered to do even better when I told him I was buying from the local dealer, but I didn't want to get into that game and was very happy with the $5k, which worked out to be a little over 8%

tony c
So what I am looking to make as my first offer should be in the price range then.

Quick Reply: Prices Paid for A5 SportBack