Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Prices paid for S5 Sportback

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also in Seattle. S5 Prestige with everything except Dynamic Driving and Custom Paint. Purchased through ED with 6% off MSRP so final price paid is $649xx before tax.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
TRUST ME, DON'T PAY A SINGLE DIME UNTIL YOU GET THE CAR. There's a reason why I've typed in all caps. I just lost $1000 of my deposit to another dealer, who flat out refused to return my money when I canceled my order. If they insist, make sure you pay some $500 or something, and NEVER SIGN ANY AGREEMENT. You'll be taken for a ride if you decide to change your mind later on.
Pretty much agree with this...my dealer odered my car with 0 down and it originally was Navarra w/Magma which scared some...but still, they ordered the car with no money down.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audi Fishers
Hi all. Im Lee from Indiana. I tried to post my price but some reasons it won’t let me.
premium plus
tango red
black leather
carbon inlay
B/O speaker
all season tires
Audi Beam Rings
58,900 including 975 destination.
First time deal - 3% = 1767 = 57,133
2 deal - 4% = 2356 = 56,544
Same dealer but the internet sale guy offered me -2000
i decided to call further dealer.
2h away from me Fort Wayne, they are so far the best price i can get - 3400 (~6%) = 55,500. Im trying to have them throw in the all season floor mats or some small thing and i think we will get it.
also they told me to put 3500 deposit until the car is here. I wonder if that normal to put that much money down? Thank for reading guys and good luck with your deal.
The Audi Fort Wayne give us 7% and we add virtual cockpit 2600$.
Total 60,440- out the door 60,309.09 including all fees and tax. If you guys need the sale man info i can provide that, this guy so far the nicest since we start shopping for a Audi.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Los Anglese

Prestige
s sport
calvo 19 inch wheels
carbon inlays
audi beams

Glacier white
magma red napa leather

msrp $65650
negotiated price $61200 (~6.8%)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine, and used the Costco discount... $500 over invoice. I had to search around for a dealer that would do the deal... most didn't want to touch it cause it was such a hot car (ordered Sept of '17). Very happy with everything.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not a sportback but the coupe (technically slightly more expensive).

Concord, CA

premium plus
paint charge
navi package
B&O speakers
nappa leather
sport package
19 Cavo wheels
carbon atlas inlays
audi beam

Msrp $65,000
final price before TTL was $55,000

I probably could have done better. They took the offer quickly...
Old 01-29-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

DFW area

S5 Sportback
Prestige/loaded
MSRP $68,790
Final price before total $63,286 (8% off) plus this price includes pre-paid maintenance 4 yrs/50K
My wife drives a 2014 Q5 TDI and I became friendly with a local dealer sales rep starting about a year and half back while taking her SUV in for service. He approached me when he saw me looking at Audi's on the showroom floor. I am in sales myself and he was very down to earth and seemed to be a straight shooter for a car salesman. I let him know I was a cyclist and my number one goal was to find a non SUV I could load my road bike in the back without taking the wheels off. BMW 4 series would not fill this requirement so I had my eye on the S5 with a planned purchase date of Spring of 2018 when I planned to retire. When the first Sportbacks arrived at the dealer last year he called me and I brought my bicycle in and found it fit perfectly fine. I stayed in touch whenever I was at the dealer. About a month ago I started asking details for discounts and I was told in the 4% discount range was a pretty fair deal. I searched on the Audi website and found a dealer in Atlanta with 18 S5's in stock so I contacted them for a ePrice and I was initially offered 4.5% off. They hounded me a bit afterward and followed up with a 4.8% discount. I was not quite ready to buy yet but I found the same Atlanta dealer had 1 certified S5 Sportback but it was not a color I wanted. My wife's Q5 I purchased as a certified pre-owned car from an Austin dealer. Unfortunately Audi has changed their search features so even seeing certified inventory is not nearly as easy as it used to be. I have been watching the local dealer inventory and typically they would have 4 to 6 Sportbacks in stock. Last week they had 15 in stock. I had to take my wife's Q5 to the dealer to complete the TDI fix so I called the sales rep and asked to drive an S5 one more time with the plan to ask him if he could search for a certified S5 in the Audi internal system. I drove the S5 for the first time in about 6 months and liked it even better than the first drive. When I asked about the certified inventory he looked me right in the eye and said they would much rather make me a deal on a new unit and the dealer was about 50 cars behind their goal for January and they only had only one weekend left in the month. I reminded him my plan was to purchase a vehicle around April 1. He asked if they could make a deal would I do it that day. When he went to talk with the sales manager for a price I noticed on his PC screen he had the car I had just driven and I could see it had been in their inventory about 6 weeks. He came back with 8% off and knew it was going to happen. I countered with asking to include the pre-paid maintenance. They agreed and the deal was done.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just Order my S5 Sportback

I just ordered my '18 S5 Sportback Prestige 2/2/18 . OTD Price: $60,900.

Ibis White
Rotor Gray Alcantara
Driver Assistance: $1800
Rear air bags: $350
Total MSRP: $61,925

I went to them with my offer (essentially invoice); they countered with $500 over invoice, $58,159 or a little less than 7% discount. After all the 'fees', tax and title, I had an OTD price of $60,900. Still not a bad deal I think. One other thing, I did everything through emails and phone calls. I already test drove the S5 previously and was quote pleased.

I am still in the window to change my order and I'm considering the sport package; I'm on the fence.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got 10.5% off MSRP on an available car and $1000 Loyalty. The original offer negotiated over the phone was 6% off on an order, but there was a car with the exact equipment I wanted at a nearby dealer (plus driver assistance and audi ring puddle lights) available and they needed to make a sale before the end of the month. I never believed the end of the month thing...but from now on I will always go car shopping the last few days of the month!

The car I ended up getting was sitting around a while...I think that is because the sticker price was $68,790.

This is what I got:
S5 SB Prestige
Daytona Grey
Magma Red
Carbon inlays
19" Wheels
Driver Assistance Package
Sport Package
Dynamic Steering
All weather mats
Audi Ring door lights
MSRP: $68,790
Sale price: $61,567 - $1000 Loyalty

The finance manager did try to play some games by trying to charge the audicare price for the higher tier of cars and trying to mark up the finance rate from 2.99% to 3.99%...but I picked up on that and made her correct it.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Nice

Originally Posted by Iguana1500
Not a sportback but the coupe (technically slightly more expensive).

Concord, CA

premium plus
paint charge
navi package
B&O speakers
nappa leather
sport package
19 Cavo wheels
carbon atlas inlays
audi beam

Msrp $65,000
final price before TTL was $55,000

I probably could have done better. They took the offer quickly...
I’m emailing a sales guy there, who did you work with? How much was your interest rate?
Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Prices paid for S5 Sportback