Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Rattles/Vibrations on your S5

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattles/Vibrations on your S5

Hey all. Just noticed last week that there's a rattle or vibration sound coming from the rear speaker on the driver's side. When I press down on the speaker grill then the sound goes away. I'm taking it in today to have them insulate the speaker grill from making contact with the other components of the speaker itself.

This morning I heard the same rattle/vibration coming from the passenger door. When I stopped the car to check, I tapped on the speaker grill and door area and can replicate the noise. Sounds like the same problem with the speaker grill in back or something probably lose in the door.

Has anyone started to witness any rattles/vibrations in their S5? I saw another thread about a noise that activates around 25mph but this is not the same case for me. It sounds like something is loose in the passenger door. I'm going to ask the dealership to apply more insulation around the speak grill on the passenger door to see if that helps.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ovrkast
Hey all. Just noticed last week that there's a rattle or vibration sound coming from the rear speaker on the driver's side. When I press down on the speaker grill then the sound goes away. I'm taking it in today to have them insulate the speaker grill from making contact with the other components of the speaker itself.

This morning I heard the same rattle/vibration coming from the passenger door. When I stopped the car to check, I tapped on the speaker grill and door area and can replicate the noise. Sounds like the same problem with the speaker grill in back or something probably lose in the door.

Has anyone started to witness any rattles/vibrations in their S5? I saw another thread about a noise that activates around 25mph but this is not the same case for me. It sounds like something is loose in the passenger door. I'm going to ask the dealership to apply more insulation around the speak grill on the passenger door to see if that helps.
Yes, I'm hearing a rattle on the right side of the car that just developed about 2 days ago. I haven't had time to look into it yet nor take it to the dealer. Driving me crazy!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dereitz
Yes, I'm hearing a rattle on the right side of the car that just developed about 2 days ago. I haven't had time to look into it yet nor take it to the dealer. Driving me crazy!
I had, what turned out to be a piece of plastic, sliding back and forth in the front passenger door as I accelerated and braked. I'm now hearing it the driver door. This time I'll ask to see what they pull out when I take it in next.

Last edited by Audphile; 07-31-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the passenger seatbelt buckle when not in use constantly hits the hard plastic around the front seat. i just lock it in to stop rattle
Old 07-29-2017, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rinjah
the passenger seatbelt buckle when not in use constantly hits the hard plastic around the front seat. i just lock it in to stop rattle
Curious how you lock it in. Meaning into the buckle itself?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a rattle in the sunroof shade area when going around corners/on ramps and hitting the seams in the concrete. I also have a small rattle in the seat belt height adjustment area on the drivers side.

Going in after a few more weeks for tire rotation and will have it looked at.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rinjah
I had that same rattle and was buckling it to keep it from flailing around and hitting the plastic piece on the seat. Found another solution....had the audi dealer get me an extra clip like the one on the drivers seatbelt. The clip can hold the buckle at a higher position it doesn't hit the side of the seat.
Attached Thumbnails Rattles/Vibrations on your S5-seat-belt-clip.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

for now I buckle it in until i can find an aftermarket stow