Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Red interior owners! How do you keep your leather looking good

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red interior owners! How do you keep your leather looking good

For the red interior on the s5, what should i use to keep the leather looking healthy long term. And how do i clean the leather without damaging it
Old 04-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Audi Driver & Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

A few ideas:
  • Don't wear raw denim
  • Wipe with a warm damp towel
  • Use Lexol leather cleaner if required
  • Occasionally condition with Lexol leather conditioner
Old 04-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Tint your windows with a strong UV blocking product & get a well made windshield sunshade.

— John
Old 04-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Audi Driver & Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Tint your windows with a strong UV blocking product & get a well made windshield sunshade.

— John
Oh yes. Tinting is a must! I have 35% 3M.

And a custom windshield sunshade for when I park in the sun (which is rare).
Old 04-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Sebastian3
Oh yes. Tinting is a must! I have 35% 3M.

And a custom windshield sunshade for when I park in the sun (which is rare).
I got my sunshade from CoverCraft and it’s a perfect fit. NOTE: Specify what trim level your car has as it does make a difference!
Old 04-08-2019, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

— John
Did you tint your windshield? When I did my ceramic I had mine done at 75% with ceramic tint. I’m anxiously awaiting hot weather in Texas, to see how well it works at blocking the UV radiation/heat.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Did you tint your windshield? When I did my ceramic I had mine done at 75% with ceramic tint. I’m anxiously awaiting hot weather in Texas, to see how well it works at blocking the UV radiation/heat.
No — we have a state inspection sticker that has to be displayed in the lower windshield, drivers side, so I wasn’t sure how that would work out. I did buy a CoverCraft Sun Shade for when the car is parked outside. Normally, the car is sitting in the garage but if I park outside, that sun shade is installed!

— John
Old 04-08-2019, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

No — we have a state inspection sticker that has to be displayed in the lower windshield, drivers side, so I wasn’t sure how that would work out. I did buy a CoverCraft Sun Shade for when the car is parked outside. Normally, the car is sitting in the garage but if I park outside, that sun shade is installed!

— John
Cool. Thank you, I wish Audi had an OEM version like I was able to get for my Q5. I have the sticker too, but I patted it against a sweater and got enough lint on it to where it sticks but isn’t completely adhered (was a hack someone posted previously).
Old 04-09-2019, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

— John
Texas has registration stickers in the windshield as well. You can purchase cling vinyl and cut it to size and stick it to the tint without any ill effects. Texas registration stickers are made of similar material, but the cling vinyl makes the removal much easier as we also have toll tags to deal with.

I have my front windshield tinted with 50% SunTek CIR. I had 80% done on my previous vehicle, it works great but it is not a substitute for a sunshade. I can't feel the sun even when it is directly overhead or beaming over me; compared to my sunroof which isn't tinted (factory privacy glass does not have any IR/TSER or heat rejection), it's a considerable difference when driving.

Quick Reply: Red interior owners! How do you keep your leather looking good