Remote key - AudiWorld Forums

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Remote key

Reply

 
 
 
Old 05-17-2018, 05:45 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Default Remote key

How far away can you be to automatically open your windows with the remote?
petersaudi& is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:54 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
Trade_it_all_4_more's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NW Indiana / Chicagoland
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by petersaudi& View Post
How far away can you be to automatically open your windows with the remote?
It won't lower my windows unless I'm pretty much next to the car. I thought there was an MMI setting or and OBD setting for different remote ranges, but I haven't been able to find what I thought I saw previously.
Trade_it_all_4_more is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:39 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Super User
 
SYMAWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,738
Default

I think it's about 6 feet.
SYMAWD is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:41 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 104
Default

Try this

Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key

46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
“comfort_operation_range_limitation”
Change from “active” to “not active”
Press and hold green check mark to accept
friguy3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 449
Default

Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
Try this

Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key

46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
“comfort_operation_range_limitation”
Change from “active” to “not active”
Press and hold green check mark to accept
Yep, that worked for me. I closed my windows with the fob from 30 feet away yesterday after coding that.
rccoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:06 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more View Post
It won't lower my windows unless I'm pretty much next to the car. I thought there was an MMI setting or and OBD setting for different remote ranges, but I haven't been able to find what I thought I saw previously.
Thank You for replying. That's pretty much what I find. I don't understand it, because you can open the doors or truck from a distance.
petersaudi& is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:41 AM
  #7  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 23
Default

It's because you are making things move when you are possibly out of sight of it. You could sit on your key indoors and trap a child in the window or suffocate your dog in the sun or worse, open the window and let rain in by mistake.
paradyne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:27 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by paradyne View Post
It's because you are making things move when you are possibly out of sight of it. You could sit on your key indoors and trap a child in the window or suffocate your dog in the sun or worse, open the window and let rain in by mistake.
Thank you, it makes sense but I still would like to open it from 20-25 feet away.
petersaudi& is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:43 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 449
Default

Originally Posted by petersaudi& View Post
Thank you, it makes sense but I still would like to open it from 20-25 feet away.
If it wasn't clear, you can do that by using VCDS or OBDEleven to change the following setting:

Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
Try this

Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key

46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
“comfort_operation_range_limitation”
Change from “active” to “not active”
Press and hold green check mark to accept
rccoleman is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AudiA4B6US
A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
1176
06-08-2018 10:42 AM
Keyser Wi
Q7 MKII Discussion
20
03-31-2017 07:16 AM
ltooz_a6_a8_q7
A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
4
02-12-2015 03:01 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote key


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: