AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Rerport back if you've had ZERO problems. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/rerport-back-if-youve-had-zero-problems-2944818/)

Waggin 03-12-2018 04:35 AM

Rerport back if you've had ZERO problems.

A recent scary thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...enced-2937102/
has given me second thoughts about buying a new S5 Sportback to replace my trouble-free 2006 A3 Sportback (3.2, AWD)

So, if it's been at least 3? months since your purchase, and the car hasn't done anything it's not supposed to, let us (and me) know here.

N8! 03-12-2018 05:19 AM

The only problem I've had with my A5SB is the occasional random person complimenting the car. :D

Other than that, it's been totally and 100% flawless.

The S5 however, seems to have some issues.

AUDIQSS 03-12-2018 06:07 AM

Give Me Two Votes: S5 Cab and S5 SB

The 2018 S5 SB has not been back to the dealer for any reason. The 2018 S5 Cab was back for the Top View camera and is still waiting for the new software on that. But really, that is just a small irritant in the overall scheme of things. So let me give you "two thumbs" up.

NoMoreBMWs 03-12-2018 06:09 AM

two guys are looking straight at my car...

Originally Posted by N8! (Post 25122601)
The only problem I've had with my A5SB is the occasional random person complimenting the car. :D

Other than that, it's been totally and 100% flawless.

The S5 however, seems to have some issues.

One says to the other "Would you buy a Ford?".

mhblaw 03-12-2018 07:00 AM

6 months, 7500 miles on my S5, zero issues.

warchilde30 03-12-2018 07:20 AM

6k miles, 0 issues here as well. There are frustrating things (auto S/S), but those are by design. Most things like that have a work around anyway

Glisse 03-12-2018 07:29 AM

OP, this is not going to help you.

You could search the car forums of the world to find the most perfect car, with zero criticism, and zero faults. You could buy this mythical car, and end up with a lemon. That you have had an 8P A3 which has been trouble-free means you have already won the lottery. A quick glance at the 8P A3 forums suggests a litany of problems exist :)

Secondly, as you have been on the forum for a while, you should know how it works. Fifty percent of posters are complaining about something, 40% find it easier to ask a question via a post than go and read their manual, and 10% are satisfied owners who for some reason are still sticking around on the forum to chat about things. Many who have gone through the "potential purchase evaluation" cycle, the "buy the car" cycle, the "showing off my new toy" cycle, and finally if they are happy with it all just disappear off the forums until they have a problem or it's time to buy a new car. Meaning the target audience for your request may not be listening.

Like AUDIQSS, I have an S5 SB and cabriolet. Only 1 thumb up from me, as I have had three faults with the SB. I do have an extended 5 year warranty, and that is when I will change cars. Despite the 3 faults I had with the first S5, I was happy enough to buy a second one.

As a massive generalisation, I would say that the very latest models are not going to be as maintenance free / error free as previous generations. There is just too much stuff in them.

stan23 03-12-2018 09:07 AM

I have had my S5 SB for 5 months, 5500 miles. Here are all the problems I encountered. I have not been back to the dealer for any of these issues as they are not worth my hassle.

- Car has creaking noises when going up/down driveways
- infamous 360 camera not remembering setting
- @ 4000 miles, the steering wheel became crooked. I fixed it by moving the tie rods equal turns
- on occasion, the smart key doesn't work when I walk up the car to open the handle. I have to do it a few times before the car will unlock

Glisse 03-12-2018 10:31 AM

^^
Doesn't sound like yours qualifies for the "ZERO problems" club then, off with you :)

prashanth1337 03-12-2018 10:35 AM

S5 SB. Been 2 months. No issues yet. (touch wood)