Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Coupe Concept ...

Old 05-08-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RS5 Coupe Concept ...

What if the RS5 Coupe's styling was actually derived from the Sportback's overall design language -- hatchback and all -- versus the existing model?

After I finished this, and just sort of looked it over, you can see hints of the AMG C63s Coupe and even Lexus IS-F Coupe in it, maybe even a bit of Aston Martin V8 Vanquish.

Edit includes shorter wheelbase, stretched driver door, relocated and slightly modified B-pillar, repositioning of front seats, swoopier roofline with sunroof delete ... and a lot of adjustments to make it all work seamlessly. LOL

I didn't bother correcting for the building (i.e., "putting it back") ... wasn't worth the effort.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Biased obviously, but you added in the part I dislike the most about the sportback, the rear roof line! It reminds me of the ol 350z from way back as well.

Awesome photoshop skills though and I still can't get over how great sonoma green looks.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG! it's gorgeous! I love it!
I would trade my S5 coupe today
Old 05-08-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

It's so funny you made this Rob, because I was just thinking about it last week! I was wondering why the coupe didn't have a hatch, but I couldn't imagine it with one.
Your Photoshop has put the image in my head now. Way better than the standard current coupe design.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 3cat View Post
OMG! it's gorgeous! I love it!
I would trade my S5 coupe today
SECONDED! My last 5 cars have been hatchbacks — so I’m still “re-learning” a trunk — but that concept ticks all my boxes!

Mad Photoshop skillz — Congratulations and Thank You for (ruining) my love of my Coupé.

— John
Old 05-08-2019, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be all over a coupe with a hatch like that. Sign me up.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impressive
Old 05-08-2019, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

It looks a lot better, I never cared for the "quattro-inspired" squared-off rear window. Is it just me or should it be longer though? This looks like a Lancia Stratos type wheelbase and that wouldn't be realistic, maybe you can also find a green actual RS5 coupe to compare side by side with your version.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Not to be a killjoy, but the coupe came first. A hatchback would be more practical, as long as the design lines don't suffer.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt View Post
It looks a lot better, I never cared for the "quattro-inspired" squared-off rear window. Is it just me or should it be longer though? This looks like a Lancia Stratos type wheelbase and that wouldn't be realistic, maybe you can also find a green actual RS5 coupe to compare side by side with your version.
I intentionally shortened the wheel base. It's not by much. If you look at the building behind it, from the right edge of the left most window all the way to the right edge of the image it's exactly the same. So you can see where that window frame edge line's up with the front wheel on the sportback compared to the coupe. And then you can use the middle window's left edge to line up with the front door on the sportback and compare that with the coupe. I simply compressed the wheelbase a couple of inches, then stretched the front door. I wasn't trying to make a replica of the real coupe dimensionally. In fact, I think the coupe suffers a bit from it's sedan-esque wheel base. Anyway, it was really just an exercise for fun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS5 Coupe Concept ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: