Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 deal just fell through - please advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richr
I would quit talking to salesman and demand to speak to the General manager and lay out your concerns. There is no way they can obligate you for services/equipment you do not want like extended warranty, paint protection, etc., nor would they let the deal slide if you do not buy them.
I believe your wife should have held her line and not, "lost it" and she would have come out with what you wanted.

Get back in there before the car is gone and work with the GM. At very least he will straighten out his sales staff.

Sad to hear, best of luck.
Agree, with a caveat. Wife certainly would have walked out with a deal had she just stuck it out, but she shouldn't have had to. Not to be naive, but buying a new $90k car as repeat customer at an Audi dealership should afford a little better treatment than when I bought a used Plymouth Laser at Bob's Auto Lot back in 1993. No doubt all of us have dealt with a full court press at dealerships before, but as I've gotten older (and moved on to nicer cars), I've found that to be less the case. Heck, even when I bought my Tundra TRD Pro last year, the Toyota dealer took a simple "No" on all the add-ons and just moved things along. My wife also has the baggage of past poor experiences, from being denied a Land Cruiser test drive ("you sure a RAV4 isn't more in your ballpark) to all sorts of condescension from dudes who assume she doesn't know cars. Typically, she's really good at blowing it off, so it must have been pretty bad. In the end, when you're dropping this kind of cash, you want to feel good about the process. We did up until this morning...
Old 01-19-2019, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Sold cars, cars with deposits, etc. all will show up on the dealer website.

The interest rate through AFS is much higher than market rates on an RS anything - it is what it is. They also use an upwards sliding scale...rate increases on terms past 60 months, out to 75 months. Other banks do things differently. And yes, loyalty for January on an RS5 is tied to financing or leasing through Audi. So if you bypass their financing, you also bypass loyalty.

With all that said, there is never a time where a salesperson, or anyone else should be snotty about it. Ever. There isn't a need to. But things should also be clearly spelled out from the beginning, and on the Buyer's Order, so that when it is delivery day, there is no confusion or misunderstandings.

I am a dealer...so if I can help on a deal, lmk, happy to do so
Appreciate the info and the offer. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scorchy
Appreciate the info and the offer. Thanks.
Let Scarguy help you out. I drove my new RS5 SB home today. Great job!

Old 01-19-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
Let Scarguy help you out. I drove my new RS5 SB home today. Great job!
Congrats, man. Did you get a winter wheel/tire setup? I'm one state down from you, and feel like I would need them before driving off the lot (at least given the current weather).
Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They did not have the winter wheels in stock but I ordered them. Car is in the garage for whatever winter shenanigans we have the next couple of days. I will go to a local dealer and have the winter wheels installed mid week or late week when they arrive.

I had the same worry and i intentionally tried to pick up the car as early as possible today to beat the weather home.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, 3.2% is a very good rate at present. I would not pass up on the deal.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Verybumpy
Wow, 3.2% is a very good rate at present. I would not pass up on the deal.
+1 i have very good credit and the lowest I've found is 3.25% opposed to the 2.5% we got on my wife's Acura a few years ago.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

In hindsight, the dealership might have done you a favor by not closing the deal. I assume from your post that you're in NY where there are numerous competitive Audi dealers. From what I've read, at this point there's no need to pay MSRP. Simply take your business elsewhere and get a few points off sticker. Without much negotiation, I was able to get 5% off my soon to be placed order.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Mile Skid
In hindsight, the dealership might have done you a favor by not closing the deal. I assume from your post that you're in NY where there are numerous competitive Audi dealers. From what I've read, at this point there's no need to pay MSRP. Simply take your business elsewhere and get a few points off sticker. Without much negotiation, I was able to get 5% off my soon to be placed order.
I agree, I posted earlier that I got 5% from one dealer and 6% from another. I did not go back and forth, I just asked them each for their best quote and chose.And the one with 6% also matched the lower sales tax rate of the 5% dealer and gave me $400 more for my used car.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Especially considering that you bought your previous car from them, it doesn't seem like they were giving you much of a deal in the first place. If it were me, I would demand the deposit back based on how your wife was treated and look for another dealer. You should also be able to get a small amount off MSRP.

Quick Reply: RS5 deal just fell through - please advise