Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by sigmachi96
You still have to remove the bolt as it sticks out. The pins just makes it easier to remove and store in my truck as two pieces vs trying to have the plate and bolt together when not in use.
Thanks for the clarification. Would be sweet if the bolt recessed enough to not have to be removed.

The Rho plate gets detached at the spherical joint which leave a bit of a bump behind the plate with one screw, but you need to remove the four plate screws first. Then use a wrench to take the bolt out. Pins would be easier.

For the last car the contour of the bumper would expose the hole too much for my liking so I purchased another cap, dremeled out a hole for the bolt to poke trough then had it painted to match. Then I ran the plate for two weeks, took off the plate and went plateless for a year and a half till I sold the car. Time and money well spent.

Doesn't look like the RS5 bumper needs that extent.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
I've used a different company's version of it, Rho-plate, and it works well. It doesn't have a quick release on it like the optional Millworks but was easy to install and configurable to not interfere with the parking sensors.
I recently ordered another for my RS5 and afterwards wondered if I should have tried the quick release one from Millworks. Just something about the way they do it seems odd, especially to shin it if too tight and use paper.
Have you received yours yet and do you have any pics installed on the RS5?
Old 06-21-2019, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by AgsWin
Have you received yours yet and do you have any pics installed on the RS5?
Arrived yesterday and haven't installed it yet. Will do that this weekend and will post pictures.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

The angle its mounted at is a bit concerning. Is that adjustable at all or will it always face off to the side?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Sto-n-Sho has nice solutions. I have one installed and use it when I feel like a front plate is needed. Requires 2 screws in the bottom of the bumper.
Can you post some pics of your Sto-n-Sho? Also of the whole car with the front showing, not just close ups?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Can you post some pics of your Sto-n-Sho? Also of the whole car with the front showing, not just close ups?

The following 2 users liked this post by arrtewwx:
Nikon1 (06-21-2019), SolventSolution (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Without STO N Show plate holder installed — but bracket holder is attached under front clip.

With Eurostyle plate attached

Only (1) “captive” pin to pull to install or remove the whole assembly, leaving a very small bracket on the very bottom of the front clip.

Last edited by Nikon1; 06-21-2019 at 02:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
heymoe (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks, but do you have one of the car from farther away, maybe lightly off center? I just want to get an idea of how it affects overall proportions of the grille vs the rest. Sorry if I'm being picky.

Also, you need to drill holes at the bottom of the bumper, correct?

How easy is it to see the mounting rails when it's off, when you're walking to/from the car?
Old 06-22-2019, 04:20 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Thanks, but do you have one of the car from farther away, maybe lightly off center? I just want to get an idea of how it affects overall proportions of the grille vs the rest. Sorry if I'm being picky.

Also, you need to drill holes at the bottom of the bumper, correct?

How easy is it to see the mounting rails when it's off, when you're walking to/from the car?
Widest pictures I have:

Yes — I think it was 2 holes in the very bottom where the bumper skin wraps underneath the car. If you go to the STO N Show website you can get a much better idea with their on-line instructions.

If you didn’t know the bracket was there, you’d never see it. In the 9 months since I installed it, I might have run the front plate twice and then, it was the euro-style plate.

— John
Old 06-22-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm guessing you have to be careful when you park in front of curbs. I wonder how this thing does in the snow too when you push through a snow bank that's tall enough. Are there different variaions? Let me know if you have a link for the one you use, for the life of me I can't find their website when I search for "show n go" or close to that. I'm sure I've seen it before.

Quick Reply: RS5 Front License Plate Bracket