Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
I'm guessing you have to be careful when you park in front of curbs. I wonder how this thing does in the snow too when you push through a snow bank that's tall enough. Are there different variaions? Let me know if you have a link for the one you use, for the life of me I can't find their website when I search for "show n go" or close to that. I'm sure I've seen it before.
It is “sto n show” and model/year specific.

https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com/

There’s also a thread, here on AW, that has a coupon code for a discount, that would be useful.
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have the sto n show but honestly the front plate has been in the trunk the whole time, so I can't give a real review on it. The mounting bracket is not visible on its own though, and the lockup when installing the front plate bracket is solid.
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 02:47 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
I also have the sto n show but honestly the front plate has been in the trunk the whole time, so I can't give a real review on it. The mounting bracket is not visible on its own though, and the lockup when installing the front plate bracket is solid.
Solid and really easy because the locking pin is captive and (at least on the S5 specific model) on the drivers side. I don‘t have to worry about losing or dropping anything when removing or installing it.

For the week or two that I used it, I never heard any noises or felt any movement when driving at any speeds. I look at the STO N SHOW as “LEO Insurance.” If I get pulled over, I t’s easy to tell LEO ,”I’m on my way to the car wash / I forgot to put it back on” if the need arises.

— John
Old 06-23-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Solid and really easy because the locking pin is captive and (at least on the S5 specific model) on the drivers side. I don‘t have to worry about losing or dropping anything when removing or installing it.

For the week or two that I used it, I never heard any noises or felt any movement when driving at any speeds. I look at the STO N SHOW as “LEO Insurance.” If I get pulled over, I t’s easy to tell LEO ,”I’m on my way to the car wash / I forgot to put it back on” if the need arises.

— John
That's a good one!
Old 06-23-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
It is “sto n show” and model/year specific.

https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com/

There’s also a thread, here on AW, that has a coupon code for a discount, that would be useful.
I guess this is for my S5 SB:
https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com...-a5-s5-sns133/

Why do all the pics show this stupid setup where you see the bracket and the plate is floating above it? It looks horrible. I assume you can also mount a standard plate down low like on Nikon1's car?

Edit: oh wait, they're showing this on a car that has the OEM license bracket already installed, it's not actually attached to the Sto N Sho? They just couldn't find a car with a clean grille?

Last edited by belzebutt; 06-23-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
I guess this is for my S5 SB:
https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com...-a5-s5-sns133/

Why do all the pics show this stupid setup where you see the bracket and the plate is floating above it? It looks horrible. I assume you can also mount a standard plate down low like on Nikon1's car?

Edit: oh wait, they're showing this on a car that has the OEM license bracket already installed, it's not actually attached to the Sto N Sho? They just couldn't find a car with a clean grille?
Or, rather than a “before” and “after” picture, they post that one? Never made sense to me either — but the bracket works like a charm. Local car washes remind you to remove any & all non-permanent license plates before driving in. Makes sense to me.

— John
Old 06-24-2019, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by AgsWin
Have you received yours yet and do you have any pics installed on the RS5?
Test fitted yesterday. Not sure I'd leave at that height or drop one row. Wanted to show how much clearance there was. Going lower might show the tow hook hole too much and need a modified cap to make it look right.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
Test fitted yesterday. Not sure I'd leave at that height or drop one row. Wanted to show how much clearance there was. Going lower might show the tow hook hole too much and need a modified cap to make it look right.

Oh i think i like that one. If faces forward a bit more . than the other. It looks like at that height it won't be blocking any sensors (including the ACC system that you don't have).
Old 06-24-2019, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I saw an A7 a couple of days ago with the license plate down low by the front splitter (sto n show I assume) and it looked like the best setup IMO. I might go for that once I locate a plate filler that doesn't cost a fortune.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks pretty good, hopefully it doesnt mess with the sensors. I like the offset as opposed to the middle

Quick Reply: RS5 Front License Plate Bracket