Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 only Picture Posts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RS5 only Picture Posts

Hi fellow RS5 owners. Title states it all. The other picture thread was getting a little long in the tooth and I felt like I invaded their A5, S5 and RS4A picture thread that I figured I would start our own RS5 picture thread so post those Nardos, Sonomas, Floretts, Navarras, Mythos, Glaciers, Daytonas and Misanos so we can ogle over them!
The following users liked this post:
donnyboy58 (03-12-2021)

Popular Reply

02-10-2022, 02:28 AM
Steve Masso
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Very recent addition

Just picked up my new ride and immediately had PPF (X-pel Ultimate) added to the full front. Remainder had the X-pel fusion ceramic added. All done by the dealer. Pick up today and here are a few shots.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have seen Rob O post some WIP and man, y'all lucky I want to add those stuff to my car but they wifey says I should have gotten them to start with. She is right, would be a waste to rip out that Audi sport exhaust since it was part of an expensive package already. And Although I would like to get another wheel, I did spec it with the upgraded wheels. Audi did well with the RS5 and stock is a good place to be. Oh well, all I could do is keep her car show ready and hope no one steals my exhaust system so that I have to get an AWE replacement exhaust.

The following 3 users liked this post by skubeeraw:
Mbbobrow (02-20-2023), mhorton79 (09-30-2019), Rcsac (12-27-2023)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Posting mine before someone posts a non-Nardo

The following 2 users liked this post by Jimminez@Nemesis:
Groove1 (07-16-2020), hman9 (08-27-2021)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally got to wash this thing. Still trying to figure out if i like the wheels or not. May just plastidip them black in the meantime

The following 3 users liked this post by Deazy:
Archie King (02-21-2020), mhorton79 (09-30-2019), pokizo (01-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your gonna **** some people off with this thread lol

Repost:

Old 03-20-2019, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Someone pointed out on my Instagram that my wheels were pointing the wrong direction. The flag was pointing backwards instead of forwards. This caused me to do some research and on Audi's website the car's wheels are facing the same direction as mine.
@skubeeraw and @Deazy your flags are facing forward. Have you guys noticed this? I've seen several vehicles online and some are facing forward and some are facing backwards. Weird right?
Old 03-20-2019, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Someone pointed out on my Instagram that my wheels were pointing the wrong direction. The flag was pointing backwards instead of forwards. This caused me to do some research and on Audi's website the car's wheels are facing the same direction as mine.
@skubeeraw and @Deazy your flags are facing forward. Have you guys noticed this? I've seen several vehicles online and some are facing forward and some are facing backwards. Weird right?
Lol. Not my intent to **** off our little A5 and S5 siblings!

You have to walk to the other side. It's due to the fact that the tires are unidirectional meaning they are designed to be mounted facing forward. Therefore the driver side the flags will face in opposite direction of the passenger side.

That way when they rotate the tires the wheels will always have the flags facing the way they are now.

You know the phrase you can't unsee things you see? Yeah that's why I don't like this wheel design but it doesn't bother me as I can't see both sets of wheels at the same time and it did cost a pretty penny to upgrade the wheels. The other 20" wheels were omnidirectional but the spokes were too thick for my taste. Maybe if my wheels were stolen off my car I would get something else.

However I can understand why some people are OCD over this.

Last edited by skubeeraw; 03-20-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Do you mean like this?

Old 03-20-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Audi would have to produce two different wheel designs to make an asymmetrical wheel face the same direction on both sides.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Naked butt
The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (06-24-2019)

Quick Reply: RS5 only Picture Posts