Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 only Picture Posts

Old 06-10-2019, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Well, it's finally here. After waiting 8-ish months since placing my exclusive color order, my 2019 RS5 Sportback has arrived and I can finally start taking part in this thread

Picking a color I've never seen in person was a little nerve wracking but I couldn't be happier with my choice now that it is here. I really like how it changes in different lighting.

Modifications done so far:
  • F1 Stratos tint
  • Full SunTek Ultra PPF with a few sections using their new Ultra Defense PPF
  • Euro rear headrests
  • Removed the RS5 badges from the front and rear
  • Replaced the chrome rear rings and side badges/wings with the gloss black versions
I personally don't like the gloss black rings on the front grill but I think I might try and plasti-dip the front rings to gun metal or something along those lines to tone down the chrome some.

The only other things on my to get list right now are some all weather mats up front and in the trunk. After that, my wallet really needs a break and some recovery time hehe.

that color pops!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Beautiful! Not a red car guy myself, but that combo of red/black is absolutely gorgeous! Am a big fan of the blacked out badges, and have done that to my rear rings & RS 5 badges. Left the chrome rings on the front, surrounded by all of the B/Optic package features. Your OEM wheels look fantastic with the matching red calipers. Funny how we don't hear a lot of derogatory remarks re those trapezoidal wheels like we did when the 2018 came out.

Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by kctiger1983
Beautiful! Not a red car guy myself, but that combo of red/black is absolutely gorgeous! Am a big fan of the blacked out badges, and have done that to my rear rings & RS 5 badges. Left the chrome rings on the front, surrounded by all of the B/Optic package features. Your OEM wheels look fantastic with the matching red calipers. Funny how we don't hear a lot of derogatory remarks re those trapezoidal wheels like we did when the 2018 came out.

Enjoy!
The SB flags, though similar to the Coupe traps, are different enough to where they are a marked improvement IMHO. If the SB had the same standard wheels as the coupe I would definitely have opted for the milled wheels. Personal preference though.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Bleser (07-08-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 06-21-2019, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

holy moly, the newest champion for best colored RS5 has arrived! that had to take some fortitude ordering it without seeing it live first!
Old 06-21-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
holy moly, the newest champion for best colored RS5 has arrived! that had to take some fortitude ordering it without seeing it live first!
Very subjective. For 4K and a longer lead time, personally I'd go with the Misano red, it is more eye catching, cheaper and more likely available at a dealership. This is more of a red wine color. With that being said if it was cheaper I would consider it. 4 grand for paint? Glad battleship gray was included.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
Thanks!

Originally Posted by skubeeraw
Very subjective as well. For 4K and a longer lead time, personally I'd go with the Misano red, it is more eye catching, cheaper and more likely available at a dealership. This is more of a red wine color. With that being said if it was cheaper I would consider it. 4 grand for paint? Glad battleship gray was included.
Indeed, colors are subjective / personal preference as well as how one values their money / costs. Red is my favorite color but I personally didn't like the Misano shade. Since this purchase was a big life goal / milestone celebration / whatever you want to call it for me and I typically keep my cars for a while, I wanted to get exactly what I wanted so it was wroth the extra wait and spending extra to get the exclusive color. That being said, I think all the cars in this thread look amazing.... except for those Nardo ones.. Blah!.. hehe.. Just kidding.
The following 4 users liked this post by heymoe:
Nikon1 (06-21-2019), plasticmoz (07-21-2019), skubeeraw (06-21-2019), SolventSolution (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

That being said, I think all the cars in this thread look amazing.... except for those Nardo ones.. Blah!.. hehe.. Just kidding.

With the new "Like" button, we need a "Dis-like" button.

The following 3 users liked this post by Jimminez@Nemesis:
bluhwnRS5 (06-30-2019), heymoe (06-21-2019), SolventSolution (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Speaking of Nardo

The following 5 users liked this post by Jimminez@Nemesis:
heymoe (06-21-2019), MRA5SB (06-24-2019), Rob O (06-24-2019), SolventSolution (06-21-2019), ywang98 (09-15-2021)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS5 only Picture Posts