Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 only Picture Posts

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In February it looked more like this...

The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisRS5:
claudiu_Av (10-12-2023), jwizzle (06-11-2023)
Old 03-24-2019, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Great snow pics!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Looking great @tjoshi and @ChrisRS5 !
Was in Banff a few years back and rather than taking the hwy all the way back out towards Calgary, took some side roads. Well worth the time.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisRS5
In February it looked more like this...
That's cold. Is there anything special you have to do to your car? I believe some cars have heater blocks that they plug into an outlet to help start the car in freezing temps or something. Is that dealer installed? and some places require snow tires in the winter or else if you get into accident insurance doesn't pay out if you get inyo an accident. That's a lot to do to live in the beautiful north country.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tjoshi
Black emblems went on except the front rings (I can't get the original off)

Sometime in the next few weeks, the vossen wheels and the milltek exhaust will go on

How did you get the old door and fender badges off? The fenders look easy, just have to move the washer bottle on the right, but did you have to remove the door panels for the doors. Also, what sort of tool did you use for the front badge. I have a full set waiting to go on, just waiting for it to get a bit warmer. Thanks.

Last edited by fwd55; 03-24-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Black emblems went on except the front rings (I can't get the original off)

Sometime in the next few weeks, the vossen wheels and the milltek exhaust will go on
you are a brave man to park there how many dings and dents on your car? It looks awfully close, especially if the driver is heavy set and needs the door opened all the way to get in. I like to park far away most people don't care about their cars, much less yours. I've seen a lady open the door and ding the car beside her, then open the passenger door and hit the same car as she took out her child out. That's a double header there!
Old 03-24-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-24-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fwd55
How did you get the old door and fender badges off? The fenders look easy, just have to move the washer bottle on the right, but did you have to remove the door panels for the doors. Also, what sort of tool did you use for the front badge. I have a full set waiting to go on, just waiting for it to get a bit warmer. Thanks.
the guys that installed PPF took off the fender badges for me and rear badges for me. The fenders are the easiest to install as well. You should be able to just pry the old ones off with a thin trim removal kit.

The front RS5 badge was also pretty easy. Using a trim pry tool, it's a two piece thing that holds the RS5 in place. Just gently pry and installation is self explanatory after looking at the two pieces.

The hardest part was installing the rear badges to match where the original ones were/should have been.

If you look really really close, I installed the rings slightly to the right of center and the RS5 was eyeballed too. I'm sure if I waited to bring it to a dealer, it would have been much more exact, but I still think it looks great. If anything, I can have a dealer reinstall them at a later time.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skubeeraw
you are a brave man to park there how many dings and dents on your car? It looks awfully close, especially if the driver is heavy set and needs the door opened all the way to get in. I like to park far away most people don't care about their cars, much less yours. I've seen a lady open the door and ding the car beside her, then open the passenger door and hit the same car as she took out her child out. That's a double header there!
Haha I couldn't agree more, exactly why I had PPF installed. So far nothing I have noticed. I usually park as far away as possible, but sometimes where I travel to, I have no options.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

the guys that installed PPF took off the fender badges for me and rear badges for me. The fenders are the easiest to install as well. You should be able to just pry the old ones off with a thin trim removal kit.

The front RS5 badge was also pretty easy. Using a trim pry tool, it's a two piece thing that holds the RS5 in place. Just gently pry and installation is self explanatory after looking at the two pieces.

The hardest part was installing the rear badges to match where the original ones were/should have been.

If you look really really close, I installed the rings slightly to the right of center and the RS5 was eyeballed too. I'm sure if I waited to bring it to a dealer, it would have been much more exact, but I still think it looks great. If anything, I can have a dealer reinstall them at a later time.
Thanks. I just did the front badge and rings. Once you get them started, the rings aren't so difficult, although I did break the bottom four tabs off. Unfortunately, my PPF guy didn't go under the fender badges, just cut around them, and I didn't get the doors done. I may get a body shop to do the rear, don't really trust myself!

Quick Reply: RS5 only Picture Posts