Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
Thanks! The DRC is part of the dynamic package, but the dynamic steering is a separate, stand alone option. It was an extra $1,150 and wasn't something I wanted.
I ordered dynamic steering on my car and truth be told, I find it hard to differentiate from a non-equipped car...
Old 02-23-2018, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Today I put down a deposit to order my RS5! Here's my configuration:

Navarra blue metallic
Navigation package
Dynamic package
Black optic package
B & O sound system
Fine Nappa leather package w/rock gray stitching

My sales guy told me it'll likely be up to 6 months before arrival/delivery, but I've already been waiting (on a waitlist) for 9+ months, so what's a few more. :-)

Before people ask what I paid, I realize that some other people are good negotiators, and the bulk of the rest are likely full of crap. haha Anyhow, the price is exactly what you'd see on a build sheet.

Now it's time to wait ...
I'll assume you ordered a coupe and not a cabrio, yes?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Audphile
I'll assume you ordered a coupe and not a cabrio, yes?
There is no RS5 Cabrio this generation.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I put down a deposit to order my RS5! Here's my configuration:

Navarra blue metallic
Navigation package
Dynamic package
Black optic package
B & O sound system
Fine Nappa leather package w/rock gray stitching

My sales guy told me it'll likely be up to 6 months before arrival/delivery, but I've already been waiting (on a waitlist) for 9+ months, so what's a few more. :-)

Before people ask what I paid, I realize that some other people are good negotiators, and the bulk of the rest are likely full of crap. haha Anyhow, the price is exactly what you'd see on a build sheet.

Now it's time to wait ...
I can't imagine anyone is going to get a great price on a RS5 anytime soon, so I wouldn't worry about paying full price. I got an email this morning from my dealership stating that there are cars at the port waiting for Audi to release them. They are hopeful to have one at the dealership in the next week or two. I'd just like to drive one before I order. I'm still having a tough time with the idea of getting rid of my 2012 S5, last of the V8, 6 spd manual cars...
Old 02-23-2018, 08:33 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwb49
I can't imagine anyone is going to get a great price on a RS5 anytime soon, so I wouldn't worry about paying full price. I got an email this morning from my dealership stating that there are cars at the port waiting for Audi to release them. They are hopeful to have one at the dealership in the next week or two. I'd just like to drive one before I order. I'm still having a tough time with the idea of getting rid of my 2012 S5, last of the V8, 6 spd manual cars...
Are you in Canada or the US?

**edit, never mind! I see you are in CT, USA.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by rajmehta
Congratulations. I guess you can custom order an RS5. I was hearing some chatter earlier today about how only market intro cars will be available right now with custom ordering to come later on this year. Anyway, happy to hear that's not the case.

BTW - you've got the exact same options and potentially color I'm thinking about (going back and fourth between navarra blue and glacier white). Was also thinking about driver assist package. I have a 2016 A6 prestige and have gotten so used to the HUD it's hard to imagine not having one.

One big disappoint. No carbon package???
Carbon packages are expensive:

Source: Audi.de B9 RS5

I think most of the good stuff is available on the US spec sheet via various pack combinations. The only thing that would bug me, and quite a lot, is Audi USA's insistence that the sunroof is fitted as standard. That's not right for an RS vehicle.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Navarra is amazing in person. You have to see it in person.

There are interior carbon inlays as standard. The black optic package makes all the exterior stuff black instead of the "silvery" aluminum color. It also makes the mirror housings body color.
Very nice spec, it will look great!

Old 02-23-2018, 09:32 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Carbon packages are expensive:

Source: Audi.de B9 RS5

I think most of the good stuff is available on the US spec sheet via various pack combinations. The only thing that would bug me, and quite a lot, is Audi USA's insistence that the sunroof is fitted as standard. That's not right for an RS vehicle.
Agree.

It was the same with the entire A/S5 line.... no option to ditch the sunroof.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
I ordered dynamic steering on my car and truth be told, I find it hard to differentiate from a non-equipped car...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. To be honest, I don't think I'd be able to tell a difference either. Based on what I've read here, and in reviews, it seemed like something I'd want to skip.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Very nice spec, it will look great!

Thank you! :-) I've still got plenty of time to think about it ... but I'm still kicking these wheels around in my mind. I'm not likely to do any after-market wheels, so it's either the trapezoids that are part of the black optic package, or the "5-arm peak design, bi-color anthracite black matte finish" wheels. They are an extra $2,500 (and require the black optic package which I already opted for).

Quick Reply: RS5 Ordered