Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
its on a car by car basis

RS models almost always tie loyalty discount to finance. For January, all other models had loyalty regardless if the car was financed through Audi or not to the best of my recollection (not in front of the programs at the moment)
Does Audi Finance usually have a low interest rate special at some point during the year? If so, when or is it random? and does it apply to any Audi purchase or limited to specific models?
Old 01-28-2019, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Does Audi Finance usually have a low interest rate special at some point during the year? If so, when or is it random? and does it apply to any Audi purchase or limited to specific models?
their rates now are quite low

but no, they dont do 1% or 0% etc. except for any remaining TDI’s that may be still new but unsold
Old 01-28-2019, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

its on a car by car basis

RS models almost always tie loyalty discount to finance. For January, all other models had loyalty regardless if the car was financed through Audi or not to the best of my recollection (not in front of the programs at the moment)
That's good to know. I have an S5 scheduled to arrive in a few months and am hoping the loyalty discount will be active when it arrives (I will not be financing or leasing).
Old 01-28-2019, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

At least in parts of the Midwest, the loyalty discount appears to good through sometime in April and doesn't require Audi Financial Services financing.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

I posted this in another thread but I took a RS 5 SB for a test drive on the weekend and while it's definitely a really nice car I wasn't wowed by it like I was expecting to be. I have a S5 SB right now and while the stiffer suspension, fender flares, and exhaust pops and backfires are cool it didn't feel much different from my S5. I drove on the highway and in the city and the only difference I really noticed was that it behaved with it's transmission in "D" mode like my S5 does in "S" mode but without the higher RPMs.

I was expecting to walk away from the test drive wanting get one but I didn't get that. I just can't see paying a 50% premium in my monthly payment over my S5.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I posted this in another thread but I took a RS 5 SB for a test drive on the weekend and while it's definitely a really nice car I wasn't wowed by it like I was expecting to be. I have a S5 SB right now and while the stiffer suspension, fender flares, and exhaust pops and backfires are cool it didn't feel much different from my S5. I drove on the highway and in the city and the only difference I really noticed was that it behaved with it's transmission in "D" mode like my S5 does in "S" mode but without the higher RPMs.

I was expecting to walk away from the test drive wanting get one but I didn't get that. I just can't see paying a 50% premium in my monthly payment over my S5.
Cool story bro.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

their rates now are quite low

but no, they dont do 1% or 0% etc. except for any remaining TDI’s that may be still new but unsold
Do you know what their lowest rate for a RS5 SB would be right now. I still have a few months before mine arrives but starting to think about the financing options. I've went though Audi Finance for my current car and had a good experience with them way back when but will happily go elsewhere if their rates aren't competitive.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do you know what their lowest rate for a RS5 SB would be right now. I still have a few months before mine arrives but starting to think about the financing options. I've went though Audi Finance for my current car and had a good experience with them way back when but will happily go elsewhere if their rates aren't competitive.
My Audi rep told me the lowest rates he was seeing were around 3%. Not bad but I was able to get a 2.74% through a credit union so I went that route. I should be taking delivery within the next week.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by evanseric21
My Audi rep told me the lowest rates he was seeing were around 3%. Not bad but I was able to get a 2.74% through a credit union so I went that route. I should be taking delivery within the next week.
That's better than my credit union. Maybe I need to find a better one hehe. I still have like 4 month until mine arrives Maybe I'll get a better deal by then though.. (crossing fingers).
Old 01-28-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's better than my credit union. Maybe I need to find a better one hehe. I still have like 4 month until mine arrives Maybe I'll get a better deal by then though.. (crossing fingers).
I did a bunch of research trying to find the lowest rate I could. Most of the rates were around the low 3's. The 2.74% is still not as good as the 2.5% my wife got when we bought her Acura a few years back. My credit is actually better now then hers was then. The rates have just been trending up. I'm pretty content with the rate though. You still have a decent amount of time. Maybe the rates will come down. Where do you live?

Last edited by evanseric21; 01-28-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quick Reply: RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience