Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Indeed, though I found some of his quirks to be a bit silly / picky. I wonder if the jack can fit in that deep storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel hehe
I'm not a fan of Doug DeMuro reviews and don't want to give him more undeserved views, but the jack criticism is a valid one. Audi's jack storage for the 2019s is a kluge at best.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
I'm not a fan of Doug DeMuro reviews and don't want to give him more undeserved views, but the jack criticism is a valid one. Audi's jack storage for the 2019s is a kluge at best.
I barely made it past his “begging” for high performance cars that he can drive / rate at no cost to him.

Completely shut it down after his talking about the battery jumping points.

He is no one I would watch for a serious car review. Just my opinion.

— John
Old 01-31-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
I love the A5!! Congrats
Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
The A5 is a brillant car - nothing to feel sorry about! And is the foundation to the other cars in the series. Every good car starts with an amazing foundation...
Originally Posted by evanseric21
Definitely! I agree with this.
Woohoo A5 SB love. I'm kidding, but it does seem like I am outnumbered here on this forum with all the wonderful S/RS SB variants. Glad there are all these options though, that meet the different levels one wants.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

I barely made it past his “begging” for high performance cars that he can drive / rate at no cost to him.

Completely shut it down after his talking about the battery jumping points.

He is no one I would watch for a serious car review. Just my opinion.

— John
He had a "Ask Doug" video somewhat recently where he talks about the process he uses to review cars and mentioned that he, unlike some other online car reviewers, pays for an insurance policy to cover the cars that he reviews and how he has to get pre-approval (maybe at an extra cost) from said insurance company when it comes to reviewing the $$$$ super cars. He does this to give that extra piece of mind to the people that are letting him review their cars. The policy wasn't cheap if I remember right so I wouldn't say it's at no cost to him.

I do agree that some of the quirks and features he pointed out in his RS5 SB review were silly though.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Woohoo A5 SB love. I'm kidding, but it does seem like I am outnumbered here on this forum with all the wonderful S/RS SB variants. Glad there are all these options though, that meet the different levels one wants.
I think because most people who buy the A series aren't car enthusiasts and the S, and RS models are more likely to be into their cars. You, however, are the exception to the rule and made the more financially sound decision.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
I think because most people who buy the A series aren't car enthusiasts and the S, and RS models are more likely to be into their cars. You, however, are the exception to the rule and made the more financially sound decision.
Ha maybe so and a decent hypothesis...I really wanted a S5 SB, but knew it would cost me way more 1) at the dealer 2) more speeding tickets AND 3) higher insurance. I am very enthusiastic about the car though, something my wife doesn’t quite understand, but is ok with it because she got the Q5, which she loves and is looking forward to getting a new MY20/21 next
Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

Ha maybe so and a decent hypothesis...I really wanted a S5 SB, but knew it would cost me way more 1) at the dealer 2) more speeding tickets AND 3) higher insurance. I am very enthusiastic about the car though, something my wife doesn’t quite understand, but is ok with it because she got the Q5, which she loves and is looking forward to getting a new MY20/21 next
I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap insurance was going to be when adding the RS5 SB to my policy. The cost basically stayed the same if I get rid of my current A6 or goes up by $30 a month if I keep the A6. Granted insurance in each state will be different so your mileage may vary. It should be noted I'm still paying full coverage on my A6 because I'm stupid so when adding the RS5 that gets fixed.

Last edited by heymoe; 01-31-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap insurance was going to be when adding the RS5 SB to my policy. The cost basically stayed the same if I get rid of my current A6 or goes up by $30 a month if I keep the A6. Granted insurance in each state will be different so your mileage may vary. It should be noted I'm still paying full coverage on my A6 because I'm stupid so when adding the RS5 that gets fixed.
Not bad. My rate went up like $100/mo (no tickets / accidents for me or the wife), because we added the A5 and ditched her old Toyota Matrix. Kept the Q5 fully insured too, even though it’s paid off. Higher insurance was #3 because S5 + speeding tickets = much much higher insurance!

Last edited by arrtewwx; 01-31-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I replaced my Lexus IS 350 f sport and it went up $47.55 a month. The VIN did not pull up the car. They had to enter everything manually. I think i'll have them revisit my premium after a few months.

Last edited by evanseric21; 01-31-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I replaced my Lexus IS 350 f sport and it went up $47.55 a month. The VIN did not pull up the car. They had to enter everything manually. I think i'll have them revisit my premium after a few months.
To be totally transparent, when I asked them for a quote I asked for a C63S since the RS5 SB wasn't out / in their system yet but I figured the C63S would be pretty equivalent rate wise.

Quick Reply: RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience