Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 after Car Wash (in SF Bay Area, CA)

Old 03-26-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 after Car Wash (in SF Bay Area, CA)

S5
It may not sound much of achievement for ya all, but for me, it was an engineering feat :-) Santa Clara county in CA has a bunch of restrictions around washing car in driveway, especially around soapy runaway flowing into storm drain, water restriction etc - and I get it. So finally I washed by care - cleaning brakes, 2 bucket method of car wash, waxing... in driveway, using a plastic sheet ... some physics... to catch the dirty water, dispose it cleanly. Here is my beauty...
Old 03-26-2018, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Why didn't you wash it on the grass, from my experience car soap does not harm grass? Car looks great btw.

Last edited by synergize; 03-26-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Meen Sriv

S5
It may not sound much of achievement for ya all, but for me, it was an engineering feat :-) Santa Clara county in CA has a bunch of restrictions around washing car in driveway, especially around soapy runaway flowing into storm drain, water restriction etc - and I get it. So finally I washed by care - cleaning brakes, 2 bucket method of car wash, waxing... in driveway, using a plastic sheet ... some physics... to catch the dirty water, dispose it cleanly. Here is my beauty...
Yet one more reason that I could never live in California... you need to wash your car on a plastic sheet? That 's crazy! Nice job, though.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Meen Sriv
So finally I washed by care - cleaning brakes, 2 bucket method of car wash, waxing... in driveway, using a plastic sheet ... some physics... to catch the dirty water,
MOVE. Get out now. How frickin' ridiculous.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon63
Yet one more reason that I could never live in California... you need to wash your car on a plastic sheet? That 's crazy! Nice job, though.
Nice job on the car wash. So glad I moved out of CA!
Old 03-27-2018, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of state requires you to wash a car like that? You are an adult who is tacitly allowing your state government to treat you like a child.......have you no respect for yourself, is this OK for your children to watch and think it’s ok? I have relatives in California and they hate living there, I say move the hell out, go to a state that values personal rights and responsibilities, plainly put, life is too short for that kind of crap!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

Most places have laws about preventing run off from washing your car from entering sewers; it's not a big deal. Whether or not they're actively enforced is another story. The problem is if the run off goes into the sewers it can be dumped into steams, rivers, lakes, etc. without being treated first. Living in a civilized society means everyone shares a responsibility for keeping it clean. Even if you move out to the wilderness, the fact that you have clean air and drinking water is because of laws like this preventing people from dumping whatever they want wherever they want
Old 03-27-2018, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

You can always use a rinseless wash product. No runoff at all.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
You can always use a rinseless wash product. No runoff at all.
+1. I have been using Optimum's products (ONR, Opti-Seal, etc) to great results.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Meen, I've seen the mobile detailers who are forced to use their containment systems when washing. What are you supposed to do with the dirty water when you're done?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S5 after Car Wash (in SF Bay Area, CA)