Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 with Black Optics looks great

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peter1
oh man! please let us know if this works!
I will. They've approved Nardo and the ED. I should have a pick-up date in the next couple of days. Then it's all about Black Optics . . .
Old 04-29-2017, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hinckley
I'm trying to put together an S5 Sportback ED order with an Audi Exclusive paint (Nardo) and Black Optics. AoA rejected it yesterday because of the Black Optics. After we spoke today, my dealer decided to re-enter the order without BO believing that the option will become available before the order freezes. If it's not available by then, we'll cancel the order and start again. So we're all hoping BO becomes available soon.
Is the upcharge for the paint still $3900 through ED?
Old 04-29-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jim Herrod
Is the upcharge for the paint still $3900 through ED?
Yes
Old 04-29-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ugh, I told myself I'd wait for black optics and order nardo along with it. Now tossing around the idea of glacier white instead. Would be nice to save ~$4k haha, but gonna try to hold out and wait for updates here
Old 04-29-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

White would look great, especially with a Magma interior. But it still needs Black Optics!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For 4k you could get a pretty badass wrap in any color you want.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

This morning my dealer forwarded an email that he had received from AoA confirming my build and ED pick-up dates. As I looked through the email string between my dealer and the AoA ED guy, there was the following comment from the AoA ED guy:
"He did ask about Black Optic, I will keep my eye out. Between you and I, I don't think it will be released until next year for the Sportbacks."
I don't think that this is any sort of definitive data point, but it is disappointing nevertheless.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
This morning my dealer forwarded an email that he had received from AoA confirming my build and ED pick-up dates. As I looked through the email string between my dealer and the AoA ED guy, there was the following comment from the AoA ED guy:
"He did ask about Black Optic, I will keep my eye out. Between you and I, I don't think it will be released until next year for the Sportbacks."
I don't think that this is any sort of definitive data point, but it is disappointing nevertheless.
That's a shame but I got the same impression. The RS5 SB might have the black optic look.

I've come to appreciate Daytona Grey without the black optic as a compromise in my build because I'm not willing to wait an extended period of time to take delivery.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So if I understand this correctly, Audi is known to introduce options like the Black Optics Package at any point during the model year or is this just a delayed introduction? For example, folks mentioned the S4 did not initially have the BO available, but that has since changed.

Bottom line, will I have to wait until MY19 to get BO or is there a chance of it being available before the next MY. I understand we are all guessing here, but what has past practice been with Audi (relatively new here)?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GermanKief
So if I understand this correctly, Audi is known to introduce options like the Black Optics Package at any point during the model year or is this just a delayed introduction? For example, folks mentioned the S4 did not initially have the BO available, but that has since changed.

Bottom line, will I have to wait until MY19 to get BO or is there a chance of it being available before the next MY. I understand we are all guessing here, but what has past practice been with Audi (relatively new here)?

Thanks
For the Q7 in USA it was done midyear as far as I can tell

Quick Reply: S5 with Black Optics looks great