Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 coupe arrived

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zoepup
I checked and it says my older one shoudl work but it is 2 years old.... I can't even get to the bottom row of icons to click. let me see what other droids I have in my desk that might be newer
I suspect the S4. It's over 4 years old and running lollipop. It was released long before AA. Probably what's causing you to have limited functionality. The lollipop kernel probably doesn't support full AA functions, just basic stuff.

From google:
  1. An Android phone running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up with a data plan. For best performance, we recommend Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and up.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mhblaw
Went from a black '13 RS5 to a Daytona Gray '18 S5. Shoulda stayed with black...

That's funny, we each have our likes and desires. I went from a Quartz Gray '09 S5 to a Mythos Black '18 S5 and I was thinking I should have stayed with gray. I did have a Brilliant Black '02 A6 4.2 so I knew what I was getting into going black again, but the gray was so much easier to take care of.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stan23
I suspect the S4. It's over 4 years old and running lollipop. It was released long before AA. Probably what's causing you to have limited functionality. The lollipop kernel probably doesn't support full AA functions, just basic stuff.

From google:
  1. An Android phone running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up with a data plan. For best performance, we recommend Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and up.
Correct.. i stopped using it 2 years ago. It is 4! I will try again.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zoepup
Correct.. i stopped using it 2 years ago. It is 4! I will try again.
See if there is an official mm update for your phone. If not, just root and install a rom.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice- imagine how much better it will look when you put some wheel spacers on it and lower it an inch!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Android L will generally work okay, although it'll be sloooow. You're seeing AA on your screen, right?

There are some moves you have to learn on the controller to use Android Auto which I think is causing your complaint. You have to nudge down with the controller to get into the "rail" to switch apps. Once you are on Maps (far left), nudge down again (push the **** like a joystick towards the back of your car) and then click on maps. You should see a little "carrot" next to the map icon, which will expand to let you switch between Google Maps and Waze. This same method is how you also switch music apps.

From google:
Old 11-21-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scoopman
Android L will generally work okay, although it'll be sloooow. You're seeing AA on your screen, right?

There are some moves you have to learn on the controller to use Android Auto which I think is causing your complaint. You have to nudge down with the controller to get into the "rail" to switch apps. Once you are on Maps (far left), nudge down again (push the **** like a joystick towards the back of your car) and then click on maps. You should see a little "carrot" next to the map icon, which will expand to let you switch between Google Maps and Waze. This same method is how you also switch music apps.
I will try that at Lunch
Old 11-21-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scoopman

True, but from the OP

I can't even get to the bottom row of icons to click.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

True, but from the OP
Not sure if the OP knew to nudge the controller to get to the rail.... This maneuver isn't used in the MMI.