Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give them a shot for $10 so I ordered a couple of sets...
Old 10-16-2017, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
On a $70k+ car,in the grand scheme of things,I couldn't care less about $250...and if ever I have a problem with them during my lease,which I doubt I will, I'll just take it up with Audi rather than having to deal with Chinese crap in my brand new car...again Pass.😳
+1. When Audi didn't have the puddle lights available, later found out they were getting a new supplier, I bought a set of those cheap lights for my wife's car. As soon as I installed them and saw how defocused and how uneven the rings projected I took them out.
Finally, Audi's new supplier showed up and I bought a set for $180. They were so much better I kicked myself for wasting $10 on that junk. I now have the Audi lights on the S5 SB and the TT-RS.
Lesson learned; don't install junk on awesome cars.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Saw these on FB - no other details unfortunately

BTW...Those on the passenger side are backwards...been there...done that...here are my cheapos.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ights-2908368/
Old 10-16-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is my 2 cents worth on the matter. I can understand what people say about the $10 or $13 on Amazon/eBay for the different lights and install yourself and save you the money. I was at the dealership a few weeks ago in the evening and an S5 pulled up next to me and the guy got out and i saw the Audi ring lights on his and he said he bought them on Amazon for like $20 and installed it himself in like 5 minutes - he was happy with them until i opened my door next to him and he was in complete awe.

There is a MAJOR difference between the OEM and the ones you pay $10 or $20 for on Amazon/eBay and if you want quality then spending the few hundred dollars for it will not matter the same way you are spending $12K - $15K more for an S5 over an A5. I had mine installed after i got the car and i saw it listed at the dealership for $250 and i only paid $160 with installation. After seeing his in person i can say i am 100% satisfied i paid the $160 for it because they do not compare.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:34 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bluaudi
Here is my 2 cents worth on the matter. I can understand what people say about the $10 or $13 on Amazon/eBay for the different lights and install yourself and save you the money. I was at the dealership a few weeks ago in the evening and an S5 pulled up next to me and the guy got out and i saw the Audi ring lights on his and he said he bought them on Amazon for like $20 and installed it himself in like 5 minutes - he was happy with them until i opened my door next to him and he was in complete awe.

There is a MAJOR difference between the OEM and the ones you pay $10 or $20 for on Amazon/eBay and if you want quality then spending the few hundred dollars for it will not matter the same way you are spending $12K - $15K more for an S5 over an A5. I had mine installed after i got the car and i saw it listed at the dealership for $250 and i only paid $160 with installation. After seeing his in person i can say i am 100% satisfied i paid the $160 for it because they do not compare.

This. You do get what you pay for, ultimately.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can appreciate what you are saying and I get that the factory ones are better but here is my take. Like you said your self the guy was happy with his and he had $240 in his pocket . I get sitting next to factory lights you can see a difference but for me the lights are not worth even close to $250. So for me if my only option was $250 I would skip the lights but since I can try a set for $10 I'll give it a shot. I don't mind spending money where I can see value but I'm not going to give it away either.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well as you said earlier, it all depends on the person that is buying it. To me i don't see it as giving away my money, i more see it as purchasing something that is pleasing to me the same way the guy i saw with his lights was happy, UNTIL he saw my OEM next to his. You could see the look of regret on his face when he saw the ones on my car but as you said, it was only $10 bucks he spent so if he wanted to he could just go and get the OEMs and install them himself and save a few bucks there.

The truth is i agree with you that they are ridiculously expensive and not worth $250 and this is why i got my dealer to bring down the price. From $250 to $160 is almost $100 so it goes to show you can get taken advantage of pretty easily if you don't open your mouth and ask a question.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Well as you said earlier, it all depends on the person that is buying it. To me i don't see it as giving away my money, i more see it as purchasing something that is pleasing to me the same way the guy i saw with his lights was happy, UNTIL he saw my OEM next to his. You could see the look of regret on his face when he saw the ones on my car but as you said, it was only $10 bucks he spent so if he wanted to he could just go and get the OEMs and install them himself and save a few bucks there.

The truth is i agree with you that they are ridiculously expensive and not worth $250 and this is why i got my dealer to bring down the price. From $250 to $160 is almost $100 so it goes to show you can get taken advantage of pretty easily if you don't open your mouth and ask a question.
Agreed,there is big margins in everything the Stealership sells and if you ask, you will receive but for me on this leased car, it was just worth it to me to have them add it at the port and for me to pick up the car completed...that's just how I roll.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

I don't see these as essential items as there's no way I would pay them $250 for something that's worth less than $10. So Basically I bought the ebay ones as a novelty item. If they don't work, I'll just put the stock ones back in.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wiz33
I don't see these as essential items as there's no way I would pay them $250 for something that's worth less than $10. So Basically I bought the ebay ones as a novelty item. If they don't work, I'll just put the stock ones back in.
They aren't essential you are right, but just realize you are not buying the $250 version for just $10. This is the point i made earlier - 2 completely different products - there is a cheap version and then there is an OEM version.
But you can't say it is "worth less than $10" because the OEM really isn't (but definitely not worth $250)

Quick Reply: S5 Puddle Lights