Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 sportback - Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps - Input

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 3cat
Wrapping in carbon look vinyl is not the way to go with an audi, vinyl doesn't look like CF in my opinion. You could probably find some one to do a Real Carbon Fiber Overlay for half the price of new cf pieces. This would actually be carbon fiber over your existing mirror caps.
Just an idea
Thanks for that idea...I know I'll have to do something (possibly painted body-color) because that silver cap doesn't go with anything (except on a Cabrio) and clashes big-time.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
I will be hugely disappointed if my port-installed CF pieces are discontinued but if in fact that is the case, I will try to find someone to wrap them and go that route rather than spend stupid money on aftermarket CF...
The option is no longer shown on the Audi USA "Build your own" website even though I know it was there when I was on the site just a week or so ago. However, the OEM mirror caps available from aftermarket resellers are the real thing and less expensive than they were from Audi, when they were in fact available from Audi. That is if they are still even available anymore to the aftermarket folks like EuroPrice.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by PRGeno
The option is no longer shown on the Audi USA "Build your own" website even though I know it was there when I was on the site just a week or so ago. However, the OEM mirror caps available from aftermarket resellers are the real thing and less expensive than they were from Audi, when they were in fact available from Audi. That is if they are still even available anymore to the aftermarket folks like EuroPrice.
The problem for me is that I won't be able to roll it into my lease like I had planned with the port-installed pieces...
Old 11-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 180 Posts

I've checked the ability to get these parts through US parts departments, no problem as I am told. These might be unavailable to be port or pre-installed. Waiting to hear on overseas supply, though I did note that some countries accessory sites do list these as temporarily unavailable. Recent orders have been supplied without issue, so not sure of the exact cause/issue/problem that might exist or how extensive it is.

Cheers,

Old 11-21-2017, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for that idea...I know I'll have to do something (possibly painted body-color) because that silver cap doesn't go with anything (except on a Cabrio) and clashes big-time.
I used to not like the silver cap until I took delivery of my S5 now it's grown on me. So I understand.
Plus it is always a quick way to identify the S series on the road.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well these are officially dead as a port-installed option for North America, Vincenzo just confirmed it.

So now, no rear spoiler for me. And if I want to change the look of the mirror caps, I'm going to have to find a cheaper, possibly less pleasing method.

Not really what I was hoping to hear...
Old 11-21-2017, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well these are officially dead as a port-installed option for North America, Vincenzo just confirmed it.

So now, no rear spoiler for me. And if I want to change the look of the mirror caps, I'm going to have to find a cheaper, possibly less pleasing method.

Not really what I was hoping to hear...

This probably isn't what you want to hear either, but I had an '09 Quartz Gray S5 that had the silver chrome mirror caps and it looked awesome. In my humble opinion, I really think your Daytona Gray is going to look just as awesome with the stock mirror caps and body color rear spoiler, and it will cost you less at the same time.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by PRGeno
This probably isn't what you want to hear either, but I had an '09 Quartz Gray S5 that had the silver chrome mirror caps and it looked awesome. In my humble opinion, I really think your Daytona Gray is going to look just as awesome with the stock mirror caps and body color rear spoiler, and it will cost you less at the same time.
Thanks PRGeno...wasn't what I wanted to hear but it makes me feel better.

Guess I'll just have to take delivery and see for myself.