Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 Sportback Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Mine came with the same set up. I am already planning on getting a set of winter tires already mounted on rims so I can swap them out at home once the temps drop below 45 degrees. Then once the Summer tires wear out, I will probably go with either the Michelin Pilots like you are going with or the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 that a lot of the members here have used in the past.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:41 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tcjazz321
Oh yes, the one niggling complaint...as with other members, I fail to see the benefit of the B&O sound system upgrade--very underwhelming so far. But overall, I am a satisfied new S5 SB driver!
Rest assured it gets better, a lot better, as you use it. My B&O really started performing at 1500 miles.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats tcjazz! I changed my order to Magma after originally going with black - glad I did, absolutely love it!

Originally Posted by N8!
Rest assured it gets better, a lot better, as you use it. My B&O really started performing at 1500 miles.
+1

I am close to the 1,000 Km mark and the B&O system keeps getting better and better. Was a bit skeptical of the notion, but now I am experiencing it with my own ears.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks very much! The color is growing on me by the minute. Just visited the car in my garage, and I keep finding more to like about it. I remember my first car as a kid--a used 1974 Chevy pickup truck. Used to do all the work on it myself, from oil to brakes to valves, etc. Amazing to see the underside of this hood; it took me a while to find the washer fluid reservoir cap! And I thought my A7s were the final word on tech! If I could only cover this car with an invisible dome to keep all the bugs and stones away, then it would be perfect...
Old 09-03-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s5ecific
Congrats tcjazz! I changed my order to Magma after originally going with black - glad I did, absolutely love it!

+1

I am close to the 1,000 Km mark and the B&O system keeps getting better and better. Was a bit skeptical of the notion, but now I am experiencing it with my own ears.

I must have gotten lucky with my sound system cause mine has been great from delivery. I was expecting it to be really disappointing based on comments on here but mine was crisp and it was so loud I couldn't turn it up much past 50-60%. It was much better through CarPlay than Bluetooth so I highly recommend using that. I haven't had any rattling either. Maybe they are tightening that up due to complaints. I just took delivery on Friday.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Nothing wrong with Daytona Grey! Rest of my family banned me from it as my previous A7 S/Line was Daytona. I still regard Daytona as one of the best greys ever made - the pearl effect produces such a rippling effect of light and shade depending on the angle of light it always looks more 3D than just about anything else. And the angles and curves of the A5/S5 Sportback should really enhance that.

Manhattan does get some of that pop when the lighting is oblique enough, which I am happy about. Other Audi darker greys, such as Oolong or Meteor, always look a bit flat to me.

I prefer Daytona with bright trim, not black optics, whereas with Manhattan I find the contrast with bright trim too strong and fussy, so black optics worked better for me. Same with Magma Red interior - liked it with Manhattan, but would find it a bit too light/strong with Daytona. I would have gone black rather than red in that case.

All personal choices of course, but worth spending time chewing over.
I felt in love with this one this afternoon. It definitely look nice with the red interior but I'm worried I will get tired of the red. What is your experience living with a red interior? Would you discourage going with a black interior for Manhattan with Black optic (from a style stand point)?

Last edited by Yoshimura; 03-16-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:11 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Thank you Yoshimura, for the resurrection of this thread! I joined well after it went dormant and was sent back to the crypt.

When I opened it this morning I though it was current and I was surprised that Glisse purchased an S5.

Glisse — That is a really beautiful car! The choice of Manhattan Gray and black trim is outstanding. It’s the first time I’ve seen Manhattan Gray and it is stunning.

— John
Old 03-20-2019, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
I felt in love with this one this afternoon. It definitely look nice with the red interior but I'm worried I will get tired of the red. What is your experience living with a red interior? Would you discourage going with a black interior for Manhattan with Black optic (from a style stand point)?
Is that quartz gray pearl? The red goes nice with the black out theme. I did not like the black seats, had black seats in my 3 cars, I could not commit to red, so I went with the gray.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I am still in love with my '18 S5SB, in Daytona Grey Pearl with Red Magma interior. Prior 7 cars were black/black but no more. I had an Audi/Abt dealer install the Abt power upgrade and stiffer anti-sway bars and it's been the perfect combination of daily driver/performance beast.