Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 Sun Shield?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default S5 Sun Shield?

Can anyone recommend a good quality sun shield for the S5 Sportback, one that is actually cut to fit the real dimensions of the inner windshield? And please, no, "Hey, I bought one from Advance Auto that fits "pretty good". I like my sun shields to be a precise fit. By the way, I've bought sun shields before for some previous vehicles, which were advertised as "custom fit". Yet when spread out, there was still some gap along the edges, as well as the area about the rear view. As much as some of these sun shields cost, there is no reason why they aren't cut specifically for the S5 (or whatever care it is). Otherwise, you are doing just as well by going to Walmart or buying something off of eBay. Thank you!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have a covercraft. Sturdy and foldable. Very nice fit. Looked on the website and doesn't appear they have a sunshield for the A5/S5 yet but will probably have one in the next few months. I would recommend one from them for the long term, if you can get a cheap one in the mean time.

Link: https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...m-sunscreen.UV

The link is the one I have on my A4. Hopefully they have one for the S5 come April when mine arrives.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Weathertech just recently came out with a custom sun shield for the 2018 S5. 2018 Audi S5 | Windshield Sun Shade - Custom Car Window and Windshield Sunshade | WeatherTech.com
I'll wait for summer to get it.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Can anyone recommend a good quality sun shield for the S5 Sportback, one that is actually cut to fit the real dimensions of the inner windshield? And please, no, "Hey, I bought one from Advance Auto that fits "pretty good". I like my sun shields to be a precise fit. By the way, I've bought sun shields before for some previous vehicles, which were advertised as "custom fit". Yet when spread out, there was still some gap along the edges, as well as the area about the rear view. As much as some of these sun shields cost, there is no reason why they aren't cut specifically for the S5 (or whatever care it is). Otherwise, you are doing just as well by going to Walmart or buying something off of eBay. Thank you!
Intro-Tech makes custom shades for the S5 Sportback. I bought one for my vehicle and it seems to fit well. During this time of the year, I have not had a need to use it though. See link below.

https://www.carid.com/2018-audi-s5-s...parentsubmodel=MODEL S5%20Sportback
Old 01-25-2018, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased this one...
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-25-2018, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

This work well for my S5 Sportback:

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-26-2018, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. The only one that I personally would consider is the folding, accordion style, IF it custom fits the windshield. I don't like the roll up style, because they tend to get flimsy after time and don't stay in place around the edges of the windshield. And the fold out type don't cover the area well enough for my preference and seem very cheap.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. The only one that I personally would consider is the folding, accordion style, IF it custom fits the windshield. I don't like the roll up style, because they tend to get flimsy after time and don't stay in place around the edges of the windshield. And the fold out type don't cover the area well enough for my preference and seem very cheap.
I had a Covercraft folding accordion style one once and it started falling apart at the seams not long after I purchased it, for the $$$ I thought it would be built better.

I prefer the roll-up kind and the trick is to not fold it up so tight that way it unrolls nicely and covers everything.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
I had a Covercraft folding accordion style one once and it started falling apart at the seams not long after I purchased it, for the $$$ I thought it would be built better.

I prefer the roll-up kind and the trick is to not fold it up so tight that way it unrolls nicely and covers everything.
It's all a matter of personal preference. I actually have several sun shades in my garage right now from previous cars I've owned. In fact, the one I've been using for my S5 was one that I bought for my old '15 S4. As I said, I don't like the roll up type, and have had much better luck with the fold up type. I think it was the Intro-Tech sun shade that was a perfect fit. The ones that I've had from Covercraft are very expensive but I can't remember if they are an exact fit or not. One sun shade I bought before was advertised as custom fit, but there was approximately 1/2" gap between the end of the shade material and the edge of the windshield. I emailed the manufacturer about that, and got some song and dance about how they had to allow room around the edges. Well, then it's not a custom fit in my book.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine at autoanything.com, it folds up and comes in a storage bag. Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade.
  • Color Silver
  • Submodel Hatchback
  • AutoAnything SKU 4143389