Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I just installed mine this past weekend while changing back to my summer tires. I will try to get some pictures in the next few days and report back on their effectiveness.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is another thread with more pictures: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...flaps-2959972/

The splash guards work great when going through a strip of water or when going slow. If you are cruising along a wet road your car still gets pretty evenly coated in road grime. Sadly, probably the biggest benefactor of running splash guards is the windshield of the car behind you. I personally think they ought to be required. The windshield washer fluid companies and glass repair/replacement companies wouldn't be too happy though. One other thought is depending on which wheel/tire set up you are running it could diminish the guards effectiveness. Wheel poke is not your friend.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Trex1200r
There is another thread with more pictures: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...flaps-2959972/

The splash guards work great when going through a strip of water or when going slow. If you are cruising along a wet road your car still gets pretty evenly coated in road grime. Sadly, probably the biggest benefactor of running splash guards is the windshield of the car behind you. I personally think they ought to be required. The windshield washer fluid companies and glass repair/replacement companies wouldn't be too happy though. One other thought is depending on which wheel/tire set up you are running it could diminish the guards effectiveness. Wheel poke is not your friend.
The main reason I installed them was for dealing with the slow drive down my long gravel (and sometimes muddy gravel) driveway. Nothing worse than a freshly washed car ruined by a few splashes from a muddy pothole that's on your own property! We haven't had any significant rain events since installation yet, so the jury is still out on if they will be effective or not.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Trex1200r

This is one reason why I want to avoid spacers.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
The main reason I installed them was for dealing with the slow drive down my long gravel (and sometimes muddy gravel) driveway. Nothing worse than a freshly washed car ruined by a few splashes from a muddy pothole that's on your own property! We haven't had any significant rain events since installation yet, so the jury is still out on if they will be effective or not.
I'm in the same situation with the long gravel drive. In the couple weeks I had them, I would say they are worth it. I've driven down the driveway with a couple of the wet potholes - on the curved sections of the drive, and the car remained clean. Another time I must have been going a bit too fast, as I got a little bit of splash on the front fender, but well above the splash guard. On a site note - I noticed I had some tiny gravel pieces between the main body and the lower plastic just behind where the mudflaps get installed. (This was pre-mudflaps.) I carefully spread the two pieces apart and removed them. Hopeful that the newly installed mudflaps will prevent that from occurring again. I will be monitoring that rather closely the next few months.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Can anyone post a pic of these full sideview of the car?
The pics look good, but I cannot see how they look holistically (the whole car) versus a wheel well at a time... LOL
Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
Can anyone post a pic of these full sideview of the car?
The pics look good, but I cannot see how they look holistically (the whole car) versus a wheel well at a time... LOL
Picture I took after I installed them. They are well worth it and hardly noticeable.

The following users liked this post:
garberfc (11-22-2019)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Are the screws that mount these black? All the pictures are from the rear of the guard.

Seems like a silly question, but a saw a car recently and they were silver. It looked terrible. You could paint them, but you shouldn't have to.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman
Are the screws that mount these black? All the pictures are from the rear of the guard.

Seems like a silly question, but a saw a car recently and they were silver. It looked terrible. You could paint them, but you shouldn't have to.
Everything is black.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
Everything is black.
Thanks. I assumed as much, but wanted to be sure.

Quick Reply: splash guards