AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   sport seats vs s sport seats comfort (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/sport-seats-vs-s-sport-seats-comfort-2967829/)

chicago_marketing 02-26-2019 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 25282038)
The messaging function is worth its weight in gold on long trips. Thanks to the Audi bean counters, we cannot have both vented and messaging seats, just like no heated flat bottom sport steering wheel.

the no flat bottom heated steering wheel is annoying actually. Ah the VAG parts bin...sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

The G Man 02-27-2019 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing (Post 25282081)

the no flat bottom heated steering wheel is annoying actually. Ah the VAG parts bin...sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

My old merc had one, took me a while to get use to it but it helps with entry and exit. If the S5 had power tilt up steering wheel, It would have help with this problem.

luckybaer 02-27-2019 11:38 AM

I just placed an order w/Audi through my dealer for a new S5, and learned the following:

Want the warm weather package? Kiss the diamond-pattern stitched seats bye-bye.
Want the cold weather package? Kiss the flat-bottomed steering wheel bye-bye.

Needless to say, my car will be built without either package. I thought the S5 would lose a lot of its character w/out the flat-bottomed steering wheel and even without the diamond-stitched seats!

Nikon1 02-27-2019 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by luckybaer (Post 25282436)
I just placed an order w/Audi through my dealer for a new S5, and learned the following:

Want the warm weather package? Kiss the diamond-pattern stitched seats bye-bye.
Want the cold weather package? Kiss the flat-bottomed steering wheel bye-bye.

Needless to say, my car will be built without either package. I thought the S5 would lose a lot of its character w/out the flat-bottomed steering wheel and even without the diamond-stitched seats!

Depends on what you mean by “character?”

I Have the warm weather package — so no S-Sport Seats or diamond pattern stitching. Still goes very fast, handles very well and looks great. With my window tint, unless you are looking through the windshield, you see neither my seats nor my steering wheel — and my car still has it’s “character” at least to me.

luckybaer 02-27-2019 11:53 AM

No offense intended!

All the promo photos I saw showed it with those diamond-pattern seats - whether nappa or alcantara. I've been brain-washed!

JD15 02-27-2019 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nikon1 (Post 25282443)
Depends on what you mean by “character?”

I Have the warm weather package — so no S-Sport Seats or diamond pattern stitching. Still goes very fast, handles very well and looks great. With my window tint, unless you are looking through the windshield, you see neither my seats nor my steering wheel — and my car still has it’s “character” at least to me.

Unfortunately, Warm Weather package also means black seats only and an all black interior. The Magma Red interior is one of my favorite things about the car's aesthetics and I skipped Warm Weather and Cold Weather packages for the reasons discussed above.

Nikon1 02-27-2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by luckybaer (Post 25282447)
No offense intended!

All the promo photos I saw showed it with those diamond-pattern seats - whether nappa or alcantara. I've been brain-washed!

Absolutely none taken. Sorry if I sounded defensive.

In my case I made the conscious decision to go with the warm weather package, both for the ventilated seats and the adjustable headrests. And I did want that squared-off steering wheel as I really like that style steering wheel.

These are very personal decisions that everyone has to make for themselves, based on their needs and desires.

I have always ordered black leather seats — Show almost no ordinary dirt or stains, so the ventilated seats were perfect for me. I drove a SB with the S-Sport Seats: I personally did not care for the massage function but I really did not like the non-adjustable headrests, that was a deal-breaker for me.

Again — Personal Opinion and Preferences.

Welcome To AudiWorld and sorry if I came across as defensive.

—John

arrtewwx 02-27-2019 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nikon1 (Post 25282453)

Absolutely none taken. Sorry if I sounded defensive.

In my case I made the conscious decision to go with the warm weather package, both for the ventilated seats and the adjustable headrests. And I did want that squared-off steering wheel as I really like that style steering wheel.

These are very personal decisions that everyone has to make for themselves, based on their needs and desires.

I have always ordered black leather seats — Show almost no ordinary dirt or stains, so the ventilated seats were perfect for me. I drove a SB with the S-Sport Seats: I personally did not care for the massage function but I really did not like the non-adjustable headrests, that was a deal-breaker for me.

Again — Personal Opinion and Preferences.

Welcome To AudiWorld and sorry if I came across as defensive.

—John

I haven’t tried to clean my ventilated sport seats yet - still too new. But, I have thought about how I should do it, when the time comes. My assumption is you pour the “cleaner” on the rag first and then work it into the leather vs on the seat - since then it would just go into never never ventilation land. That about right?

iisabrane 02-27-2019 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by arrtewwx (Post 25282533)

I haven’t tried to clean my ventilated sport seats yet - still too new. But, I have thought about how I should do it, when the time comes. My assumption is you pour the “cleaner” on the rag first and then work it into the leather vs on the seat - since then it would just go into never never ventilation land. That about right?

I found this video awhile back and found it the best way for me to clean perforated leather. Basically, the idea is to use a soft brush to get in the holes and a shop vac to get all the leftover solution out. I don't do this every time as it takes a lot longer than a wipe down with a microfiber cloth but every couple months i'll go ahead and use the brush. Hope it helps!

Nikon1 02-27-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by arrtewwx (Post 25282533)

Exactly — I place a small amount of the lotion into the cloth, rub it in to the cloth a little and then apply the cloth to the leather. Key here is small amount into the cloth.

My wife's RDX interior is tan leather and when it gets detailed I actually use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser — WITH VERY LIGHT PRESSURE — to get the stains from blue jeans or other sources. Then I apply a very small amount of leather conditioner / cleaner to a cloth and treat the leather. Using the Magic Eraser correctly is a ga e changer on the RDX tan leather.