AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   sport seats vs s sport seats comfort (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/sport-seats-vs-s-sport-seats-comfort-2967829/)

gocong 02-27-2019 03:21 PM

I have the heated/ventilated seat option in my 2018 S5 SB and find it quite comfortable. You do, however, slide around more than you do in the sport seat.
It and a heated steering wheel is a must option living here on Long Island.

arrtewwx 02-27-2019 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nikon1 (Post 25282546)
Exactly — I place a small amount of the lotion into the cloth, rub it in to the cloth a little and then apply the cloth to the leather. Key here is small amount into the cloth.

My wife's RDX interior is tan leather and when it gets detailed I actually use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser — WITH VERY LIGHT PRESSURE — to get the stains from blue jeans or other sources. Then I apply a very small amount of leather conditioner / cleaner to a cloth and treat the leather. Using the Magic Eraser correctly is a ga e changer on the RDX tan leather.

Thanks, makes sense. I like black on black interiors, so luckily I don’t need to worry about blue jeans, etc but a magic eraser is a good hack. I haven’t thought of that. Those things are handy/magical!

Originally Posted by iisabrane (Post 25282541)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtkDG6pNkI4

I found this video awhile back and found it the best way for me to clean perforated leather. Basically, the idea is to use a soft brush to get in the holes and a shop vac to get all the leftover solution out. I don't do this every time as it takes a lot longer than a wipe down with a microfiber cloth but every couple months i'll go ahead and use the brush. Hope it helps!

Thank you. Very useful.

skubeeraw 02-27-2019 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by belzebutt (Post 25281866)
Are the alcantara S Sport seats also massaging, or only the nappa leather ones? The ventilated ones don't have the massaging, that's one downside, but if you live in Texas you probably would rather have it cooled.

I'm here in Texas and I wanted the cooled seats but wanted red leather even more. However that trading that in and the seat choices are very limited for the RS5. I don't get red but I also don't get cooled seats. Oh well. The price you pay for 90 more ponies

Waggin 04-11-2019 04:50 AM

I have the sport seats, and the bottom bolsters dig into my fat thighs unless I pull my knees nearly together It gets quite painful after an hour on the road. I had the same issue on my A3, and fixed by adding a 1/2" spacer between the driver's seat cushion an the steel pan. Unfortunately, the S5 seat construction doesn't allow this.
I'd swap for standard seats if I could find a set.. (I suppose it might require some coding changes though.)

(Trying to get slimmer, but it's not working well.)

Turbo Freak 04-15-2019 06:11 PM

I am 6’4” and bought my A4 with what is called “comfort sport ventilated seats” in Canada. The width of the bolsters are not adjustable. They were the most uncomfortable seats ever after a one hour drive. I had to return the car and exchange it for a car with regular seats! Very costly and stressful experience!

Hungover1 04-15-2019 06:30 PM

I live in Texas and picked up an A5 Saturday. I tried the s5 and after 10 min in the car I was reaching for the non existent cooled seats button. I went down to the A because the seats were so much more comfortable for me and I could not notice enough of a power difference to justify the S. The regular seats are very sporty with lots of side bolstering. I’m 5’ 11 215lbs.

arrtewwx 04-15-2019 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hungover1 (Post 25303958)
I live in Texas and picked up an A5 Saturday. I tried the s5 and after 10 min in the car I was reaching for the non existent cooled seats button. I went down to the A because the seats were so much more comfortable for me and I could not notice enough of a power difference to justify the S. The regular seats are very sporty with lots of side bolstering. I’m 5’ 11 215lbs.

Congrats and good choice! The ventilated seats will serve you well for our Texas summers!