Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Stealth Hitches A5/S5 Customer Reviews!!

Old 07-30-2018, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, the A5 Cabrio and the RS5 will fit the A5/S5 Stealth Hitch.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor

Default Sebastian F. from the US

"While process perfect.....without a hitch

****** joke aside. Not only was the install easy and trouble free but second to none customer service."

Thank you, Sebastian F.!!

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows a loaded bike rack connected to our rack connector.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-done-2946437/
I think I was the first to get one on an S5 SB.

I did do one modification to make it MUCH easier to operate the latch:
I had to drive the roll pin out, drill a new anchor hole for the spring in the plastic handle (Made it smaller so the spring didn't fall out while reinstalling).
It was kind of tricky to do with the unit installed, since I had to make a loose guide pin to keep the holes aligned under spring tension so I could drive the roll pin through without holding the lever. (Needed two hands to hold the punch and hammer). End result is that the tension is the same, but the lever handle just needs to be pulled down and back instead of up and over the top.

Note: This may not work on all models, I had about 1/4" clearance between the tip of the lever and the body after flipping it, and I took maybe another 1/8" off the tip for more clearance.

Last edited by Waggin; 08-02-2018 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor

Default Anonymous A5 Review

"Great design

The package arrived to Toronto Canada without incident. Since in came via UPS ground there will be their added brokage fees plus the taxes. It came in a sturdy cardboard box and all items were well packed. I installed the hitch following their instructions. I called them for a couple of questions I had during installation and found them courteous and helpful. The hitch is a solid high quality product and is a well thought out design. I’ve used it twice(3 hour trips) so far to tow a 12’ boat and it works great."

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear you have had safe and smooth towing experiences!

This photo shows our detachable ball mount inserted into the Stealth Hitch with a boat in tow.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor

Default S5 Anonymous Review

Great (hidden) option for Audi S5 Sportback
"I am extremely pleased with the service and product. I was hesitant to get a hitch for fear of mucking up the rear view of my car. The Stealth team offered pictures to allay my fears, so I bought it and had it installed at my local Audi dealership. It is easy to install/remove, and it is invisible when not on the car. On my car (2018 S5 Sportback), there was a bit of plastic valance cut out from underneath the car, but you can't see the evidence unless you are looking from below bumper-level (i.e. hidden when walking around the car). I have included a photo of it here."
Old 10-22-2018, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor

Default S5 Review from George B.)

Stealth hitch for my 2016 Audi S5

I was very pleased from the start with my experience dealing with Stealth Hitch company. The lady I dealt with was knowledgeable on the product and very helpful ensuring I ordered the correct model for my car. I received follow up on my selection and an email confirming the shipment, plus an email from the CEO, thanking me for the purchase. The hitch is perfect, the quality outstanding. I have shown it to others with sports cars that might not normally have a hitch such as my S5 and all were impressed as I, with the invisible installation and quality. I would most definitely recommend the Stealth hitch and company.

Thank you George B.!

Last edited by StealthHitches; 10-31-2018 at 08:03 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 11-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor

Default S5 Review from Nick J.

Fantastic product !
Great experience with Stealth Hitches, from initial contact to verify fit for my Audi S5 Sportback, through to continued contact with my chosen installer to ensure a perfect installation. The hitch is extremely sturdy, and is COMPLETELY hidden when not in use.

Thank you Nick J. Being hidden is our motto!

This picture shows a rear view of Nick J's S5 with the Stealth Hitch installed,
Old 05-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor

Default RS5 Anonymous Review

Awesome Audi RS5 hitch that preserves to appearence of the car
Product and service from stealth hitch was awesome. Although they hadn’t personally fitted one to an RS5 sportback, they were knowledgeable and helped me understand whether it was likely to fit my car. Shipping was fast. The product fits perfectly, and is very high quality. I use all the time for my bike rack and when removed the appearence of the car is perfect with no sign of a hitch at all.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pre 2017 A5

Your website lists a hitch for the S5 up to 2018. Will that fit a 2016 A5 also?
Old 07-23-2019, 07:35 AM
Former Vendor

Default S5 Convertible Review from Justin C.

Excellent all the way around

Bought a Stealth hitch for my bike rack for my 2015 S5 convertible. The hitch itself is made with very high quality materials, easy to use and secure. Completely invisible when receiver is removed and stowed in the trunk. Rack Attack in Golden, CO did the install. Flawless work. Be sure your installer has experience with your model or brand of vehicle. I think this helped sell me on the purchase.

Thank you Justin for your review! We like to hear about our installers also! We wish you fun cycling adventures!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stealth Hitches A5/S5 Customer Reviews!!