Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Sto N Sho front license plate bracket...

Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Sto N Sho front license plate bracket...

Hey guys...not sure anyone here knows about this option but Big Mike made all my F-Type friends happy when I discovered this really slick option that is actually made locally.

I'm not certain he has a bracket for the '18 S5 yet but you can bet he's working on it.

The one for the Jaguar is so easy to install...you merely removed the existing bolt, attach an aluminum block in it's place, fasten it down with the bolt Mike supplies and you're done...takes more time to read the instructions than it does the actual install!

Not only does it prevent drilling holes into the car to mount the silly plate, this one sits down low and is angled in such a way that it actually looks good on the car...I leave mine on all the time.

He extended a group sale to the F-Type forum and I'm certain would do the same here.

I have an email to him now, here's the link to his site:
STO N SHO quick release front license plate bracket
Old 05-16-2017, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If and when I decide to change out my front grille... this looks like a great option.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Looks like you have to drill holes into your bumper or lower valance to mount the STO N SHO. As such I kind of like the ideal of a bracket that just screws into the tow hook spot. Luckily where I live, we don't currently need a front plate.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
Looks like you have to drill holes into your bumper or lower valance to mount the STO N SHO. As such I kind of like the ideal of a bracket that just screws into the tow hook spot. Luckily where I live, we don't currently need a front plate...
The Jaguar was a no-drill install, not sure on the Audi application...
Old 05-17-2017, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looking at the other Audi holders they have, it definitely seems that they have a different mounting mechanism than the Jag.

I looked under my front bumper this morning. There are a couple of screws under there but none right in the middle. I am guessing that this would indeed require a couple of new holes.

Not a deal breaker, but not the same as the Jag.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jamis
Looking at the other Audi holders they have, it definitely seems that they have a different mounting mechanism than the Jag.

I looked under my front bumper this morning. There are a couple of screws under there but none right in the middle. I am guessing that this would indeed require a couple of new holes.

Not a deal breaker, but not the same as the Jag...
I heard back from Mashell, she needs to check the previous generation to this one to see if the current bracket will work, I responded back this morning asking if it's a bolt on piece or if holes need to be drilled, awaiting her response.

They're a first-class act and were very easy to work with on the Jaguar forum, Big Mike is a retired military veteran and an ex-police officer I do believe.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have to ask a question that I've had for years . . .

My state requires front plates. I hate them because they ruin the look of my cars. So I haven't installed a front plate for over 25 years. I'm lucky. I've never been hassled. But here's what I don't get . . . if you're going to/have to install a front plate, why does anyone care if there's a hole in the bumper behind it? The damage is done by installing the plate. And some of the contraptions that I've seen (like attaching the plate to the tow hook) look atrocious imo. Far, far worse than a clean install with hidden holes.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, and I totally understand that in most states, not having a front plate = financial repercussions. So my sincere question. Why does a clean install with hidden holes bother people?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Having hidden holes doesn't bother me if its a clean install and improves the overall look.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received this email this morning from Mashell...can anyone here tell me if there were significant changes from 2017 to 2018?

Hi John –

The current bracket for the Audi S5 requires pilot holes to be drilled up underneath the front end for installation, however that could change completely if there is a change to the front end for 2018. We always try to avoid having to drill holes for installation when possible, however, the holes are up underneath the front end and would not be visible even if the bracket was removed.

Have a great day!
Mashell
Sales | [www.stonsho.com]www.stonsho.com
Phone: 831-663-4849 Fax: 831-417-4555
Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
So I have to ask a question that I've had for years . . .

My state requires front plates. I hate them because they ruin the look of my cars. So I haven't installed a front plate for over 25 years. I'm lucky. I've never been hassled. But here's what I don't get . . . if you're going to/have to install a front plate, why does anyone care if there's a hole in the bumper behind it? The damage is done by installing the plate. And some of the contraptions that I've seen (like attaching the plate to the tow hook) look atrocious imo. Far, far worse than a clean install with hidden holes.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, and I totally understand that in most states, not having a front plate = financial repercussions. So my sincere question. Why does a clean install with hidden holes bother people?

In Colorado an ugly front plate is required....and within the last year they have started to ticket in the city for not having one. I would consider this product so that I could mostly drive without the plate but times I know I'll street park in the city I'll add the plate and save $75.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sto N Sho front license plate bracket...