Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

And then there's this...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by machz
When did he say he didn't believe in free trade? Just two days ago he said he wanted to eliminate tariffs all together and called out Canada to do the same without a single response. It doesn't get more free than that. I'm not sure how you translate this into not wanting free trade. He is not only pushing free but fair trade. I'm not sure why people are not able to figure out what is going on. This is a negotiation it happens all of the time around the world. Trump doesn't think for a second that he will get everything he wants, he is just looking to get a better deal.

Also we have heard that he won't get anything done and now the new thing is "sure it's good now but years down the road" ? Did you get that information from a crystal ball ?

The funny part is the left can't even figure out what they are mad about most of the time other than it's Trump. I have been an independant all of my life and have voted mostly along Democratic lines Obama twice but the left has lost their minds. I can honestly say I was not happy when Trump took office but I have tried to make the best of it and overall he has done a decent job. I don't agree with all of it but I can respect a good amount of it. I have been totally pushed away from Democrats and their acting like children who didn't get their own way.

Anyway the beauty of this country is we can all disagree so on that I will get back to cars.
It's largely the media's fault. Fake news is a real thing. I doubt any major news outlet covered that remark about removing all tariffs.

Speaking of the media, here's a bit of comic relief:

Old 06-12-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
All you are doing is parroting the lame-stream media (who hates President Trump). The same media said the world was going to end election night.

You still don't understand what negotiating is. I don't think you ever will. All Germany has to do is lower their tariffs on US autos to 2.5% - the same we charge them.
Not going by the media. Going by Trump's own words where he wants to increase taxes (tariffs). Tariffs and other trade barriers are taxes on consumers and protections for the profits of uncompetitive corporations. Period.

Protectionism is snake oil that has been beaten already by free market capitalism. Anyone who tries to sell it is simply a charlatan. This is not a negotiating tactic when if implemented it will end up hurting American consumers.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by machz
When did he say he didn't believe in free trade? Just two days ago he said he wanted to eliminate tariffs all together and called out Canada to do the same without a single response. It doesn't get more free than that. I'm not sure how you translate this into not wanting free trade. He is not only pushing free but fair trade. I'm not sure why people are not able to figure out what is going on. This is a negotiation it happens all of the time around the world. Trump doesn't think for a second that he will get everything he wants, he is just looking to get a better deal.

Also we have heard that he won't get anything done and now the new thing is "sure it's good now but years down the road" ? Did you get that information from a crystal ball ?

The funny part is the left can't even figure out what they are mad about most of the time other than it's Trump. I have been an independant all of my life and have voted mostly along Democratic lines Obama twice but the left has lost their minds. I can honestly say I was not happy when Trump took office but I have tried to make the best of it and overall he has done a decent job. I don't agree with all of it but I can respect a good amount of it. I have been totally pushed away from Democrats and their acting like children who didn't get their own way.

Anyway the beauty of this country is we can all disagree so on that I will get back to cars.
His own words on wanting to impose tariffs/taxes belie that. One of his main campaign points was for increased tariffs so I know he doesn't believe in free trade. There is no better deal to be had by threatening to raise taxes for your own people lol.

This is similar to imposing sanctions on your own country, which is why it's so stupid. You know who else has import restrictions in place as a means of a punishment? Iran.

Using Trump's reasoning about tariffs, one could just as easily argue that sanctions on Iranian imports defend Iranian workers and businesses, reduce Iran's reliance on foreign producers, and protect Iranian national security. Using Trump's reasoning about sanctions, one could just as easily argue that tariffs will cripple the American economy and punish the American people.

Back to cars it is!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Slides
Not going by the media. Going by Trump's own words where he wants to increase taxes (tariffs). Tariffs and other trade barriers are taxes on consumers and protections for the profits of uncompetitive corporations. Period.

Protectionism is snake oil that has been beaten already by free market capitalism. Anyone who tries to sell it is simply a charlatan. This is not a negotiating tactic when if implemented it will end up hurting American consumers.
You really aren't paying attention. I'm putting you on ignore because I'm tired of reading your tripe. Bye.

Last edited by CtheW0rld; 06-12-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^
Speaking of CNN—one of my favorite memories is watching on election night 2016- their entire on air cast was in fullblown meltdown (still are). There weren’t enough SSRI’s in all of NY state to assuage their emotional distress, and I’m sure management had to confiscate all belts and shoelaces. It was surreal, and sublimely entertaining to watch. So embarrassing for CNN.

They are not over it almost two years later, and it’s hurting their party. That big blue wave they were talking about just a few weeks ago is looking like a puddle. They’re worried that a thriving economy and foreign policy accomplishments will only strengthen Trump and the Republicans, and they have every reason to be worried.
They are, in effect, helping trump to win a second term.

Bill Maher said out loud what I already knew to be true-the left is hoping for a recession to take down this administration. Nancy Pelosi seems to agree with him. Some here too. Isn’t that awesome?
Old 06-12-2018, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

@Eli McCraig

+1
Old 06-13-2018, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
You really aren't paying attention. I'm putting you on ignore because I'm tired of reading your tripe. Bye.
Good to know. I love seeing the fragility of anti-capitalists. There's a reason why everyone else gave up trying to reason with you when all you could do is reply in memes.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eli McCraig
^
Speaking of CNN—one of my favorite memories is watching on election night 2016- their entire on air cast was in fullblown meltdown (still are). There weren’t enough SSRI’s in all of NY state to assuage their emotional distress, and I’m sure management had to confiscate all belts and shoelaces. It was surreal, and sublimely entertaining to watch. So embarrassing for CNN.

They are not over it almost two years later, and it’s hurting their party. That big blue wave they were talking about just a few weeks ago is looking like a puddle. They’re worried that a thriving economy and foreign policy accomplishments will only strengthen Trump and the Republicans, and they have every reason to be worried.
They are, in effect, helping trump to win a second term.

Bill Maher said out loud what I already knew to be true-the left is hoping for a recession to take down this administration. Nancy Pelosi seems to agree with him. Some here too. Isn’t that awesome?
Yes, he will likely win a second term and the free market economy will suffer as more rubes think short term protectionist policies are a good thing.