Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Thinking of getting A5 sportsback - did a test drive. Need some input

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeraldA5
Guys, I'm picking up my A5 tomorrow and it comes with some ugly 18" star shaped rims. I asked the dealership if they could swap them out and they said no...WTF? Not even charging me for the delta? Anybody know if he's just BSing me or they can and should do it if I pay the premium? Otherwise I'm stuck with 18" tires if I decide to change rims to 19"...any ideas? Car is white and I would like some nice darker OEM or aftermarket rims...
I bought an A5 SB with the design line wheel package because I loved the wheels, but also because the price for the wheels+sport suspension was a good deal. So, when you buy the car, you buy the wheels and while they may be easily changed, they won’t be unless you want to buy another set of wheels.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up car today. The dealer honored the other deal so 58k msrp A5 got for 55k OTD with audi care. It was information overload driving back. My trade in was only 200, which i guess it was ok since i had warning lights on, door not working and other things creeping up.
For educational purposes, can someone show me what percentage discount i got/kind of deal i got in the end? I am pretty sure it is a good deal but not sure how it is defined - the sales person said just Divide MSRP by Sale price -1:
MSRP Price: 58k
Base sale price: 52k
Rebate: 500
VA tax rate 4.15%
Total: 55k
It seems they incorporated the audi care inside the price as "maintenance".

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by shaselai
For educational purposes, can someone show me what percentage discount i got/kind of deal i got in the end?
If $52k is before rebate, 11%. If it is after the rebate, 10%. Good deal.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up car today. The dealer honored the other deal so 58k msrp A5 got for 55k OTD with audi care. It was information overload driving back. My trade in was only 200, which i guess it was ok since i had warning lights on, door not working and other things creeping up.
For educational purposes, can someone show me what percentage discount i got/kind of deal i got in the end? I am pretty sure it is a good deal but not sure how it is defined - the sales person said just Divide MSRP by Sale price -1:
VA tax rate 4.15%

Thanks for the help.
Congrats. I was hard on you but am glad you pulled the trigger. For your own sanity stop thinking of deals. They only apply for people who sell cars every year or two. If you got an extra thousand or two or lost that...it does not matter when amortized over years of financing. You know this!

If you want to calculate deal find the best deals people paid then learn your percentage off. Compare them. Again thiugh... it's pointless. Love the car, learn the car and appreciate the car. That is how you get the best deal. Life is much better this way I promise. I used to worry about that stuff and am so glad I do not anymore. Enjoy.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

VA tax rate 4.15%

Thanks for the help.
if you count the Audicare as $1000, you got $7000 off a $58000 car, that’s 12% off.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Congrats on completing this purchase. Post some pics.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

VA tax rate 4.15%

Thanks for the help.
what did you trade in for only 200 bucks?
Old 08-19-2018, 06:10 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwb49

More likely than not, that's exactly where the dealership is making up for some of that discount.

But, as the old saying goes, if the buyer thinks it's a good deal, it's a good deal.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jkwb49
2003 acura tl type s with 230k miles...
the exclamation light always on,the vsa light goes on when I go on highways, the car rattles when I am on highways, the back two doors dont work, windshield wiper only wipes high speed, ac doesnt blow cold air (maybe coolant?), the lights dont turn on I the dark for the panels, and yesterday the engine "restarted a bit" while I was driving....

and I learned I shouldn't not have done synthetic oil changes every 40k miles.... so I wasted money on that too... And i learned i should have registration form in the glove compartment and the stickers i put dont count as registration... luckily i wasn't pulled over for a while because I usually just toss that paper out after taking out the stickers...

so learned a lot today
Old 08-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

2003 acura tl type s with 230k miles...
the exclamation light always on,the vsa light goes on when I go on highways, the car rattles when I am on highways, the back two doors dont work, windshield wiper only wipes high speed, ac doesnt blow cold air (maybe coolant?), the lights dont turn on I the dark for the panels, and yesterday the engine "restarted a bit" while I was driving....

and I learned I shouldn't not have done synthetic oil changes every 40k miles.... so I wasted money on that too... And i learned i should have registration form in the glove compartment and the stickers i put dont count as registration... luckily i wasn't pulled over for a while because I usually just toss that paper out after taking out the stickers...

so learned a lot today
Case closed! You bought a great car. Hint #1 learn the owners manual instead of calculating MSRP % deals!