Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Thinking of Trading my M4 to the new RS5

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Trading my M4 to the new RS5

’m in love with new beast. The new Audi RS5 is from a different ��

PROS

- Great Engine and power, tons of torque from very low RPM 1900, very linear power and almost no lag
- amazing interior and material used from CF, Alcantara and NAPPA, super well build quality
- Exterior is really modern and futuristic, the Matrix HL are so sweet and pretty, lovely lines and Car is wide man!

CONS

-Exhaust too quiet and becuz the build quality and isolation is so good u can't hear it much
-gearbox is very smooth (Tiptronic 8 Speed Auto) can get a bit boring keep switching gears and not very aggressive changes, flap paddles are made from plastic and are short could be super hard to reach and annoying at times.

This car makes the M4 looks from a different age, and I was not expecting to get so impressed with it! the M4 is still more aggressive and RAW
For full review check my video on YouTube —-> link below

Old 05-18-2018, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Nice video. Quick tip. Seems like this is the first Audi you have driven. To keep the transmission in manual mode you flip the shift lever to the right. It will stay in manual mode and if you are in Dynamic it won't even automatically upshift when you hit redline. It will bounce off the rev limiter like a traditional manual transmission car.

I wasn't as impressed about the car as you were. Posted my take a while back. I own the old RS5, and the new one is just too unexciting for my taste. I even prefer the M4 over it. Both the old RS5 and the M4 have dual clutch transmission, which are just still a notch above the tiptronic in terms of driving experience. The new RS5 is too much business suit for me. You are wearing the perfect outfit for this car . Grip is what Audis are known for. That's the M4's Achilles heel. The M4 just can't put the power down.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Nice video. Quick tip. Seems like this is the first Audi you have driven. To keep the transmission in manual mode you flip the shift lever to the right. It will stay in manual mode and if you are in Dynamic it won't even automatically upshift when you hit redline. It will bounce off the rev limiter like a traditional manual transmission car.

I wasn't as impressed about the car as you were. Posted my take a while back. I own the old RS5, and the new one is just too unexciting for my taste. I even prefer the M4 over it. Both the old RS5 and the M4 have dual clutch transmission, which are just still a notch above the tiptronic in terms of driving experience. The new RS5 is too much business suit for me. You are wearing the perfect outfit for this car . Grip is what Audis are known for. That's the M4's Achilles heel. The M4 just can't put the power down.
No it is not my first Audi but my first RS5 yes, I realized that later lol! I saw it in the RS3 too,

Dual Clutch is much aggressive and engaging but this car has grown to be more luxurious, GT while still very fast! it is not as RAW as the M4 for sure