Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Told dealer twice not to wash my car... and they washed my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 10:37 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
Turns out the windows were only slightly cracked. The status report made it look like they were wide open. I'll stop stalking on my car for now.

WHY — If you’re not, someone else is!

Old 05-23-2018, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the windows were only slightly cracked. The status report made it look like they were wide open. I'll stop stalking on my car for now.
I also go there for service and have done exactly what you did and looked in the app and was surprised they do that but it seems thats they open the windows a crack. I also saw once on the app that was car was left unlocked and left outside in the back parking lot, looking on the app.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by comptr
I also go there for service and have done exactly what you did and looked in the app and was surprised they do that but it seems thats they open the windows a crack. I also saw once on the app that was car was left unlocked and left outside in the back parking lot, looking on the app.
I went the extra mile and drove by my car this morning. That's stalking to the next level.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Club AutoUnion

Was your car outside as shown in your app or inside the facility?
Old 05-23-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Was your car outside as shown in your app or inside the facility?

It was outside with a slight gap on both windows (which I'm OK with since it never rains here), and the car was parked at exactly the row and space indicated in the app. Not much searching was needed! I still think they should at least shut all windows overnight, with dust storms and it's just common courtesy.

Right now it's parked outside but the windows are closed and doors locked. I guess it was just an oversight last night. And now to think of it, maybe it was intentionally done because the car is in for the "Top camera view not sticking" issue. My service adviser did tell me today that they tested it and when the car is parked and locked they could reproduce it. Maybe they were testing the car when it was unlocked on purpose.

Last edited by luder888; 05-23-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:07 PM
Club AutoUnion

And, up here at least, the pollen. If I left my car out overnight, it would be covered by pollen - and any crack in the windows lets in a coating of the green goo.

I’m not sure if you face that in Phoenix or not.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're doing just as much damage using a sponge to be fair.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple fix: You are not going to the correct dealer! The service team at the now 12 year dealer I use always respects my wishes. On a more serious note, is that communication and follow through where you really want them to be touching your engine or suspension?
Old 05-24-2018, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SeaToSky
Simple fix: You are not going to the correct dealer! The service team at the now 12 year dealer I use always respects my wishes. On a more serious note, is that communication and follow through where you really want them to be touching your engine or suspension?
Just got my car back. Went in to get some tint bubbles fixed on the driver side window and of course they had to slide off a tiny piece of rubber seal on the bottom of the window during the tint installation process. Like what the ****. It's a very small piece and I debate if I should go back and have them replace the seal.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Just got my car back. Went in to get some tint bubbles fixed on the driver side window and of course they had to slide off a tiny piece of rubber seal on the bottom of the window during the tint installation process. Like what the ****. It's a very small piece and I debate if I should go back and have them replace the seal.
A lot of times the tint installer will remove the inner molding that would rub against the tint when the glass is opened/closed. I don’t know if that’s the seal you are talking about.

Quick Reply: Told dealer twice not to wash my car... and they washed my car.