Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by amademann
I’ve turned my car off with the reverse camera on and the forward camera... and I still have the camera view every time I start my car. 3 months and counting.
What steps do you follow? Do you turn off the car in PARK, but with the "P" button on and front view on 2/3 of the screen, and the top-view right 1/3 showing camera?

Or do you turn off the car in REVERSE, with the same showing?

It sounds like Audi's explanation of what is happening with the regression is now accurate -- but what is missing from their text is the recommended exact sequence for a driver to shut off their car to preserve the setting.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
What steps do you follow? Do you turn off the car in PARK, but with the "P" button on and front view on 2/3 of the screen, and the top-view right 1/3 showing camera?

Or do you turn off the car in REVERSE, with the same showing?

It sounds like Audi's explanation of what is happening with the regression is now accurate -- but what is missing from their text is the recommended exact sequence for a driver to shut off their car to preserve the setting.
Normally I pull into my garage and the sensors come on automatically as I squeeze by the entrance. I place the car in reverse at times to see my spacing and then Into Park and off.

there are times when I’m not in my prefferrref spot, then I drive forward and the front camera automatically turns on as I approach the recycling bin. Park... off.

At no time did I make any manual changes with the selected camera.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by amademann
Normally I pull into my garage and the sensors come on automatically as I squeeze by the entrance. I place the car in reverse at times to see my spacing and then Into Park and off.

there are times when I’m not in my prefferrref spot, then I drive forward and the front camera automatically turns on as I approach the recycling bin. Park... off.

At no time did I make any manual changes with the selected camera.
Interesting, so you basically are saying in your experience that any sequence that's turning on the 2/3 and 1/3 camera display ensures it is keeping the setting.

I thought I did so last night, but it lost the setting overnight. I took video of what I did when I parked at work today, so I'll see if this is the case.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my MY18 A4 sedan and can confirm this issue is still unfixed.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have had my 2018 Q5 Prestige for three weeks and have the same issue. The salesman was actually confused why it was happening as well and is discussing with the service department. I sent the link to this thread, hopefully we get some answers. The other Q5's that have been sold from this dealership have been staying on Camera view not reverting to graphic.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My 2018 A4 and Q7 both do it.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThunderFan101
I have had my 2018 Q5 Prestige for three weeks and have the same issue. The salesman was actually confused why it was happening as well and is discussing with the service department. I sent the link to this thread, hopefully we get some answers. The other Q5's that have been sold from this dealership have been staying on Camera view not reverting to graphic.
I posted a thread a few posts down on how to get a temporary fix to this. I would have posted it here, but I was afraid that it would get lost in the dozens of pages of posts:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...error-2934736/
Old 10-16-2017, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2018 A4 loaded.

Topview camera won't stick since day 1. August 14th. 2017. No solution. Dealers unaware.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gooodming
2018 A4 loaded.

Topview camera won't stick since day 1. August 14th. 2017. No solution. Dealers unaware.
Please help us all out at your dealer - show them this thread and make sure they escalate locally to a more region-wide person so that Audi gets their act in gear sooner than later. It can only help.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Please help us all out at your dealer - show them this thread and make sure they escalate locally to a more region-wide person so that Audi gets their act in gear sooner than later. It can only help.
Complaining to your dealer and making them send this to the Audi field rep in your area will help. Bugs like this will only be prioritized for fixing in the field if they get enough complaints from owners.

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default