Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Mine has stuck with the rear camera view since day 1 so not sure why yours keeps reverting back. Will check later today and see if there's some hidden setting.
The left part of the screen is the rear camera view...that part I'm fine with...my complaint is the same as the original poster in that the right part of the parking assist screen does not stay on the 360 top down camera view...I set it to camera it reverts back after some time to just the graphic view of the sensors...for no rhyme or reason it seems...
Old 08-17-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktu
The left part of the screen is the rear camera view...that part I'm fine with...my complaint is the same as the original poster in that the right part of the parking assist screen does not stay on the 360 top down camera view...I set it to camera it reverts back after some time to just the graphic view of the sensors...for no rhyme or reason it seems...
Yes I'm saying the right part stays as 360 top view for me every time. I haven't seen the graphic view since the 2nd day of owning the car. There's probably some setting I changed that's not obvious. I'll try to find it.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes I'm saying the right part stays as 360 top view for me every time. I haven't seen the graphic view since the 2nd day of owning the car. There's probably some setting I changed that's not obvious. I'll try to find it.
Thanks I just wanted to clarify...you had said rear camera view so that's why I got confused...any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-17-2017, 07:18 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPlow
That's weird, mine always goes to the camera image (top view) when I put the car in reverse - it does that because I set that as the default View in the Parking Aid menu. See page 148-149 of the manual. Did you try this?
I did this when I got my A5 2 months ago and it is my default also.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I had the same issue, turned out the location I was making the change was not correct. I'll have to look in the setting to determine what I changed. I do recall selecting the parking assist button then using the dail to access one of those side menus.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here you go - when in reverse and the camera comes up, shift the MMI wheel to the right to bring up this menu then change this setting to camera

For the OCD people (including me) sorry for the dust/crap that's showing - that's the problem with direct sunlight!!

Old 08-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here you go - when in reverse and the camera comes up, shift the MMI wheel to the right to bring up this menu then change this setting to camera

For the OCD people (including me) sorry for the dust/crap that's showing - that's the problem with direct sunlight!!

Yup, that's what I have been doing...and just like the OP said, after a certain period of time or a few cycles it goes back to graphic...
Old 08-17-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yup, that's what I have been doing...and just like the OP said, after a certain period of time or a few cycles it goes back to graphic...
Take it to the dealer, mine has stayed that way for two months now
Old 08-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Take it to the dealer, mine has stayed that way for two months now
Already got my appointment for Saturday, but I'm going to have a tough time explaining it to them when it works while I'm there but a day or so later it reverts back...
Old 08-17-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Already got my appointment for Saturday, but I'm going to have a tough time explaining it to them when it works while I'm there but a day or so later it reverts back...
Only thing I can think of is if you use different keys - maybe this is a setting stored to each key? I use only one key since I got the car so not sure

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default