Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktu
Yea that is how I usually do it, but in the manual that somebody referenced above it says there should be a View option in there as well...and on mine there isn't...definitely a glitch...hope its something the dealer might be able to fix...
after i found the option to use the camera view, it reverted back to graphic view this morning. keep us posted.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jk10
after i found the option to use the camera view, it reverted back to graphic view this morning. keep us posted.
So per my invoice there is a TSB #2058517/1 for the software level of the overhead view camera module... So they updated it to correct the issue... I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's fixed now
Old 08-19-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktu
So per my invoice there is a TSB #2058517/1 for the software level of the overhead view camera module... So they updated it to correct the issue... I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's fixed now

So I need to take my car in?
Old 08-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
So I need to take my car in?
If it actually works on mine you'd probably want to give it a shot...I'll keep my eye on it over the next couple days to see if it reverts...
Old 08-19-2017, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I just called Audi Service and according to them the TSB is only if your top camera view isn't actually showing an actual image but rather a simulated one. Does this make sense? She checked and was told there is no way to make the camera stay in it's last setting, that it always reverts back to the rear or front view.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
I just called Audi Service and according to them the TSB is only if your top camera view isn't actually showing an actual image but rather a simulated one. Does this make sense? She checked and was told there is no way to make the camera stay in it's last setting, that it always reverts back to the rear or front view.
the issue is graphic vs camera top 360 view. Not what your mentioning.

I went by my dealer today and they checked all version 2 cars with the same camera. Each car held the last setting (graphic or camera) while mine (S5 SB) did not. I let them know others here were having the same issue.

It is a bug and I asked them to report it as such so a fix can be investigated. No other 360 cameras work like this
Old 08-19-2017, 05:13 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
I thought prestige came with the 360 cam and parking features? I would be shocked if you need DAP to essentially keep a setting. It sounds more like a bug or glitch. B9 A4/S4 forums have threads on same exact thing and they're classifying it as a glitch.
I have a Prestige+ pkg with DAP. My system works with the 360/top-down view as the default, always.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
I have a Prestige+ pkg with DAP. My system works with the 360/top-down view as the default, always.
for some of us, after we set it to 'camera' instead of 'graphic', it reverts back to graphic. it just won't hold the setting.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jk10
for some of us, after we set it to 'camera' instead of 'graphic', it reverts back to graphic. it just won't hold the setting.
Just took delivery yesterday of a S5 SB and I have the same issue (system reverts back to overhead graphic instead of camera).

Please confirm if this TSB flash fixes it!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Same here - both my B9s (Allroad and S5) - same issue. Hopefully this will flash will fix it. Let us know. thx

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default