Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoopman
Quick report: I've driven several times today, parking for several hours between some of the stops. top view camera is still sticking on!

I definitely think this is now fixed -- although I feel very strange when I get in the car and I don't have to go into the camera menu every time I want to back up. I've caught myself about to do this several times today.
great news, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-10-2018, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

As I said I generally only use Android Auto for my audio source so didn't experience this bug with the older software, but I tried what you described by streaming audio over BT, and I didn't experience any of what you described with 1316.

Originally Posted by rccoleman
This happens with any source for me, and I think it only happens with the display in the VC. The key is to enable the "Now Playing" view and either play from Bluetooth or from the internal Jukebox. When I first turn the car on, it either shows the current program in a single line (Bluetooth) or the contents of the current folder/playlist (Jukebox) and never moves to the Now Playing screen that shows the album/artist/timeline. It just stays on the single-line screen forever, rather than eventually moving to the full-screen Now Playing view. Toggling Now Playing on/off has no effect, but if I scroll the left wheel a bit, it'll move to Now Playing in a few seconds, as expected. This has become part of my "start the car" procedure, and I hope it's resolved in this update.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

As I said I generally only use Android Auto for my audio source so didn't experience this bug with the older software, but I tried what you described by streaming audio over BT, and I didn't experience any of what you described with 1316.
Good news, thanks for checking!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does Audi ever publish what is changed between revisions? I’m guessing the answer is no, but I’m wondering because it was rumored that there were going to be many updates, not just the overhead camera. Just like to know if there is something I was missing that I didn’t even know I was supposed to have.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so back from the dealer, and I can report that my car was indeed software flashed from MMI version 1118 (the software when it was delivered to me in Aug 2017) to MMI version 1316.

This version will apparently be available via a TSB very soon. Dealers can only obtain it right now with the right detailed technical instructions.... I'm not sure I should post them here, but if anyone wants to PM me to obtain the instructions to properly direct their dealer, feel free:-)

So far, with very limited experience, the top view camera is sticking! I'm letting the MMI go fully to sleep now to see if it holds....
Good news. Do you have any info if there will be a TSB or is there something we need to ask our service advisors to get this fix?
Old 11-13-2018, 01:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Top view camera fix?

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
I just received a message from the Service Manager at my local dealer. In it he announces: "It came to my attention that the fix for the top view camera is in. I have availability Tuesday and on next week."
Lucky you! I took my 2018 Q5 Prestige for its 10,000 mile service yesterday afternoon in Knoxville, TN, and showed the Service Advisor your post. He checked and said there was still no fix available 😢
Old 11-13-2018, 03:24 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Audi usually releases TSBs on Tuesday's. So keep your eyes open I'll post details when I can!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just called my dealer and spoke to my advisor when he looked up what scoopman sent me, he said he found nothing for my vin #. Hopefully there is a TSB out soon for this.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is this the TSB? I am confused since it dates back to 02/05/2018.

Some more info on DTC: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=201341

Last edited by Only_S5; 11-13-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I was told by my Audi service guy today that there is now a TSB 2048517/2 that is listed as a fix for the non-sticky top view. I'm scheduled for a service appt next Tuesday to get it taken care of. Can anyone look this up and see if this is legit or if this guy is mistaken?

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default