Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
MY2018 and earlier will lose any sort of satellite view after Dec 2020, and only the standard map view will be available. Switching to the "tiles"/Google Maps satellite view will only happen with MY2019 and later.
Is anyone even sure that MY 2019 and later will get the “new” Google Earth ability in these MMI equipped cars? Or, is it only the newly “refreshed lines” that will continue to get Google Earth in 2021, when 2018 and older cars are excluded?
Old 12-22-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Data Point: 2018 A4 Prestige build date of June 2018 , updated to 1316, all working as designed so far! Took the dealership over an hr just to download the update, apparently the Audi servers are on dial up or such
Old 12-23-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Browneagle
Some great news for those in Australia. The fix is available. I had my car serviced on Monday at they updated the MMI to firmware version 1329. Fixed the camera issue and got rid of the crazy annoying Data Privacy message we get here every time the car uses the SIM card. Glad to finally have this fixed. I asked about TSB and the Service Agent got very short with me and told me that the fix was applied and that was all I needed to know. When is asked is it was TSB 2053028 he got even more agitated and pointed out that TSB are different in each Region. So if you are in Australia just go and ask for MMI version 1329
Note that you loose Google Earth view and its replaced with Google Maps Satellite overlay view on the NAV. It doesn't bother me as I use Google Maps on Apple Car Play instead of the Audi NAV
I registered to say thank you. Picked up my A4 B9 on Saturday, found top-view camera (and actually other settings) seem to not "stick", found this thread, and happy to see an update from an Aussie.

Can you please advised where you got your update from I have to take mine back to Penfold Burwood (VIC) this week and will be mentioning v1329 and/or TSB and/or this thread/your post - definitely want this update. Been so annoying having to keep changing the view. Another annoyance is I select "favorites" view in Radio but reverts back to FM/DAB (I wonder if this is this the "presets" problem people are mentioning).

Anyway, thank you, and hope you can advise where you got your update from.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jdeee
I registered to say thank you. Picked up my A4 B9 on Saturday, found top-view camera (and actually other settings) seem to not "stick", found this thread, and happy to see an update from an Aussie.

Can you please advised where you got your update from I have to take mine back to Penfold Burwood (VIC) this week and will be mentioning v1329 and/or TSB and/or this thread/your post - definitely want this update. Been so annoying having to keep changing the view. Another annoyance is I select "favorites" view in Radio but reverts back to FM/DAB (I wonder if this is this the "presets" problem people are mentioning).

Anyway, thank you, and hope you can advise where you got your update from.
Audi Doncaster (VIC) updated mine to v1329
Old 12-28-2018, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

I have a 2018 A5 SB S-line Prestige. I scrolled through all the posts - I am confused does the MMI update (top view camera fix) also apply to my model? Also, someone had mentioned they are seeing Google copyright message that hides parts of the map after the update is it still true? Also, what is/are the relevant TSB numbers? I am scheduling the car for voluntary recall fix for the passenger air bag bolt I will ask them to update the MMI as well. Trying to get the info beforehand to be armed in case of attempted BS.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
I have a 2018 A5 SB S-line Prestige. I scrolled through all the posts - I am confused does the MMI update (top view camera fix) also apply to my model? Also, someone had mentioned they are seeing Google copyright message that hides parts of the map after the update is it still true? Also, what is/are the relevant TSB numbers? I am scheduling the car for voluntary recall fix for the passenger air bag bolt I will ask them to update the MMI as well. Trying to get the info beforehand to be armed in case of attempted BS.
This topic is in A5 / S5 / RS5 section so I'd confidently say the fix applies to your A5, as it has for others. I have an A4 and initially wasn't sure if it applied to my model, but here's my experience.

I screenshot sections of this topic that included TSB numbers (TSB 2053028/1 & TSB 2048517/2) and the post noting software version 1329 to my dealer, and my software was upgraded to 1329 (in Australia, just yesterday). I can confirm top view camera now defaults all the time and yes, there is a Copyright and Credits notice at the top of the screen.... it's tiny, it's white, yeah it hides parts at the top, but it's not really intrusive - it is what it is as long as it continues to work after 2020 (when Google Earth is not supposed to work in MY18 and below). It is

My issue is the graphic goes completely blurry on occasion but when it does, it just remains blurry. Not sure if coincidence but seems to happen if I connect my phone into Android Auto mode. When I disconnect, after a period of time, the image becomes clear again. (Not sure if this makes a difference but I don't use a separate SIM, and have Audi's WiFi connect to my phone and this is how it connects to Google Earth imagery (or I think it's Google Maps Satellite imagery now).

Old 12-29-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update in US is 1317. Done last week. Works great.
2018 Prestige S5 coupe
Old 12-29-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlson
Update in US is 1317. Done last week. Works great.
2018 Prestige S5 coupe
1316 for the US market. And incidentally, I see that they changed the "Google Earth" to "Satellite" in the map options, so at least some of the changes to support a non-Google Earth map are present in 1316, even if they're just cosmetic.

Last edited by rccoleman; 12-29-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just took S5 SB into the dealer to update the camera issue. the picture shows the TSB performed. I noted that TSB in another post, but looking at my version, it did not update to anything. I still have version 1118. Anyone else have a successful update where their version stayed the same? Only time will tell if the "camera" setting sticks.

Last edited by pjvd; 12-29-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: photo showed personal information not wanted
Old 12-29-2018, 01:42 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by pjvd

I just took S5 SB into the dealer to update the camera issue. the picture shows the TSB performed. I noted that TSB in another post, but looking at my version, it did not update to anything. I still have version 1118. Anyone else have a successful update where their version stayed the same? Only time will tell if the "camera" setting sticks.
Did you actually have the problem with the “top view” not sticking?

I only ask because IIRC, many of the early builds worked correctly and as it looks like you had an “early” build based on your vehicle delivery date.

Other than that — no idea.

— John

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default