Top view camera select and making it default - Page 92 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes! Had mine updated from 1177 to 1329 yesterday. The camera was still in the correct mode this morning and I'm expecting it to be fine now. I also just had the camera calibration redone because I had to have a new wing mirror unit. I think it's better calibrated now than when it came from the factory, after carefully testing it in a parking bay last night.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mine's been a few weeks since the update and the camera mode has stayed on, the entire time as I left it. It's nice having that work as expected!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

The camera fix did not bring me as much satisfaction as I had expected. The frustration it caused when it wasn't working properly definitely was greater than the satisfaction gained when it's working properly.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luder888 View Post
The camera fix did not bring me as much satisfaction as I had expected. The frustration it caused when it wasn't working properly definitely was greater than the satisfaction gained when it's working properly.
can you elaborate pls.

what were you expecting and what actually is happening after the fix?
Old 01-10-2019, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by luder888 View Post
I think the term you are expressing is “Managing Your Expectations.”

Old 01-10-2019, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tb5 View Post
can you elaborate pls.

what were you expecting and what actually is happening after the fix?
No issues. Just saying, when it wasn't working it was a big pain in the rear, but now that it's fixed, it's just business as usually and one of those things taken for granted.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Updated yesterday - took 1hr as the dealership already had the pre-loaded SD card. On version 1316 and all is good now!

The tech (a friend from an Audi group here in the GTA) invited me to the back as he set everything up and showed me how they run diagnostics, etc. Pretty cool experience.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just got mine updated yesterday as well (also in Toronto)
The repair notes quoted TSB 2053028/1
Old 01-11-2019, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I got mine done yesterday in St. Catharines...

I was in during the holidays but the service guys couldn't set up the SD card. This time they had it ready in advance and I was out in less than an hour. I know it is somewhat churlish of me, but I give Audi a failing grade on this. It took way too long and the only transparency came from here, not from the dealership or Audi.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoMoreBMWs View Post
I was in during the holidays but the service guys couldn't set up the SD card. This time they had it ready in advance and I was out in less than an hour. I know it is somewhat churlish of me, but I give Audi a failing grade on this. It took way too long and the only transparency came from here, not from the dealership or Audi.
Yep, it's all from this forum. Whatever PSS I was signed up for is pretty useless. I never got any notification from them that this fix is available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: